Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Privacy:

synergy

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2008
Bicester
Not as bad as it seems.
what they say and what they do is two different things, they can track trace and record any information that is transmitted at a flick of a switch.

how true it is i dont know but all telephone calls are tracked for key words if a key word flags up it will record the conversation ????

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
I tell you what. i think we should make MP'S lives like big brother for every minute of their career.
Damn good idea.

If they are getting paid huge amounts of money to run this country and watch us like specimens in a jar, then we should damn well be able to watch them back.

Pmr Man

otherwise known as Bing!
Apr 24, 2008
satans layby- MILTON KEYNES
no doubt that data could be easily misplaced or stolen, i mean the amount of emails? just think if even a few important emails got loose. the government can't handle CD'S or paper without misplacing or loosing them and they are a lot easier to handle. i think it would help if this was brought to the media spotlight, as the power of people (or even mobs with pitchforks) is a lot more persuation than a relitive handfull of people who know what they are on about

all tech people.... would it be possible to clog up the all the memory used for these emails by using a massive amount of spam?

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
The data retention rules require the archival of all email traffic (the identities of the sender and receiver, but not the contents of the messages), records of VOIP telephone calls (traditional phone calls are already monitored), and information about every website visited by any computer user in the country.
this is just pointless!! just no need for it....is there?

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
this is just pointless!! just no need for it....is there?
If you have kids believe it or not this will be one of the best things around to protect them, the ISP will keep the records for 12months and then start to destroy them if not required.

If required it may enable Paedoes, Terrorist suspects, and other bad people.

So far the company I work for already does this on our intranet, it has allowed us to dismiss several people that thought a works terminal was perfect for their sick and filthy ways....

Trust me this is a brilliant tool to help protect people, as long as it is not abused.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
If you have kids believe it or not this will be one of the best things around to protect them, the ISP will keep the records for 12months and then start to destroy them if not required.

If required it may enable Paedoes, Terrorist suspects, and other bad people.

So far the company I work for already does this on our intranet, it has allowed us to dismiss several people that thought a works terminal was perfect for their sick and filthy ways....

Trust me this is a brilliant tool to help protect people, as long as it is not abused.

fair doos mate:)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Our country is run by a bunch of self-serving crooks who couldn't run a frikkin bath let alone our country.
This recent debacle where they have all tried to cover up their expenses being made transparent is indicative of people who have no care for what's right or fair, their only care is for themselves and how much power / money they can grab off of us.

When it comes to matters of security, they are buffoons of the highest order as was recently evidenced by that whole raft of examples where they lost sensitive data by the bucket load .... I wouldn't trust this mob to do anything but deceive and steal from us.
And as for suggesting they wouldn't use this data improperly, well that's about as naive as it gets and is about as likely as Gary Glitter keeping his grubby little hands in his pocket if stuck in the middle of a primary school.

Pmr Man

otherwise known as Bing!
Apr 24, 2008
satans layby- MILTON KEYNES
in the end all this is, is our opinions and however influential you are in the paintball world, to the government your just another number. for something to be truely done in this wacked out society, we either need a celebritiy, exposure of this from a large tabloid newspaper or general word of mouth untill at least many millions of people know. the government are trying to keep it quiet. i say expose them for the silly billys they are!

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
Our country is run by a bunch of self-serving crooks who couldn't run a frikkin bath let alone our country.
This recent debacle where they have all tried to cover up their expenses being made transparent is indicative of people who have no care for what's right or fair, their only care is for themselves and how much power / money they can grab off of us.

When it comes to matters of security, they are buffoons of the highest order as was recently evidenced by that whole raft of examples where they lost sensitive data by the bucket load .... I wouldn't trust this mob to do anything but deceive and steal from us.
And as for suggesting they wouldn't use this data improperly, well that's about as naive as it gets and is about as likely as Gary Glitter keeping his grubby little hands in his pocket if stuck in the middle of a primary school.
In the current climate that can be seen as a fair argument but when you look at industrial espionage alone you can find out most of what you want about someone and their lifestyle nowadays without digging deep.

The question I suppose should be do you feel safer for you and your family with or without this ability? Some people put more than enough info all over facebook to start credit fraud alone.

Choice is yours, anything I do that i class as important goes through a programme called PGP Desktop, as long as the other person is a trusted key holder they to can read my email. OK it is still a Corporate approved firm for encryption but at the end of the day even your snail mail can be read before you receive it if they wanted to.

It just depends how paranoid you become and how important you want to feel. I know i am far too low in the pecking order to be showing up on the important radar, and I would say about 98% of online traffic will never be looked at, they simply don't have the manpower.