Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Project Natal Xbox!!

peaty

Under the INFLUENCE!
Nov 4, 2005
Bournemouth
Visit site
wow has anyone seen the e3 video for the new xbox experience yet?

NO CONTROLLER WILL BE REQUIRED!!

they are going to be releasing what is essentially a motion capture camera
which you place underneath your tv, and then once you have configured yourself onto the console you can use your hands and limbs to navigate the
menus and play games.

From what i can make out from the video they will be released a multitude of games with it for use which look like they will include such titles as:

Tony hawks
some sort of formula 1 game
a buzz type game
there is also a martial arts game

i dont know about you guys but im pretty phsyched about this release.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
No thanks. I want to sit down and play games, I don't want to play games as if I am actually playing them. On the video (the xbox dashboard video, I haven't watched the youtube one, but it may be the same) it shows that you will be able to scroll through menus with a wave of your hand. Which is great if it works (and I would imagine, if you are sitting in the right chair), but I can see it being infinitely frustrating, with lots of waving and nothing happening. It obviously has a Wii-like potential, fun for a few, but not on your own.

It's a step forwards technologically, but a step backward on a human level. I don't want this Minority Report style rubbish, I want to control things with as little effort possible.

When they bring out mind control, that's when I'll get excited.

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
It's a step forwards technologically, but a step bacward on a human level. I don't want this Minority Report style rubbish, I want to control things with as little effort possible.

When they bring out mind control, that's when I'll get excited.
Indeed.

Plus that daft kid thing they used as a demo at Lionhead I just wanted to clock him.

Yeah I think this is just Microsoft playing catchup with the functionality of the Nintendo wii..

I agree that its very limited in its scope.
But just like the wiimote if implemented correctly it could be really fun.

Right now the Xbox is just a very unreliable, watered down PC.
So it makes sense that they are trying to get inovative like the Wii. Before their market falls out from under them.

Sadly as usual, Microsoft are late to the party and intend to make up for that by throwing money around.

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
Late to the party in terms of motion yeah johnc, but i think MS is still in a great position as terms as a games console. - For me it has the best games and the best controller and its good playing with my friends on Live.

peaty

Under the INFLUENCE!
Nov 4, 2005
Bournemouth
Visit site
I reckon if they can get it dialled well it could possibly be immense on both family and solo play (providing you have the room for it)
the thing that catches me the most about it is the skateboard game. reckon a pb game would wrk well with snap shooting breakouts etc lol.