Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto paint - any good or complete arse?

ode

No it's NOT shiny enough.
Sep 2, 2004
Cheshire
Visit site
I only ask 'coz I've just picked up 3 boxes, after asking if it's any good in the shop I was told 'yep, we're using it this weekend'. Well if the guys in the shop use it it's got to be alright, right? Seemingly not.....

I got home ten minutes ago and as soon as I'd opened a box to take a quick shufty (as you do) my mind turned to thoughts of bloody murder... firstly there were two balls trapped on the divider in the middle of the box, making them kinda egg-shaped. Not the best start. The rest of the box is so fecking dimpled I'll be impressed if they make it out of the sodding hopper.

I'm trying not to get too fed up by this, but there does seem to be a scary amount of **** paint out there at the moment.

IL-Tom

Paint Magnet
Mar 24, 2005
Getting Shot Off The Break
Visit site
The law of averages dictates that you'll get a bad batch of paint every once in a while. We shoot Chronic 420 most of the time and it's great but once or twice we've had cases that turned our guns into spray cans.

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
Originally posted by ode
I only ask 'coz I've just picked up 3 boxes, after asking if it's any good in the shop I was told 'yep, we're using it this weekend'. Well if the guys in the shop use it it's got to be alright, right? Seemingly not.....

I got home ten minutes ago and as soon as I'd opened a box to take a quick shufty (as you do) my mind turned to thoughts of bloody murder... firstly there were two balls trapped on the divider in the middle of the box, making them kinda egg-shaped. Not the best start. The rest of the box is so fecking dimpled I'll be impressed if they make it out of the sodding hopper.

I'm trying not to get too fed up by this, but there does seem to be a scary amount of **** paint out there at the moment.
The Proto I've used for the last 10 months or so has been amazing, if its not stored properly it'll act the same as any paint that isnt stored properly and go bad... sounds like the paint you picked up wasn't stored properly at all if the balls were all dimpled. Where did you get it from, the stuff we use (from Dye) is always fine...

O

ollytheosteo

I get mine direct from Dye and I've yet to have a bad batch. Round, straight, breaks on target, no barrel breaks through my Evo, leaves a huge glowing mark, etc., etc.

Proto good.

:)

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Originally posted by ollytheosteo
I get mine direct from Dye and I've yet to have a bad batch. Round, straight, breaks on target, no barrel breaks through my Evo, leaves a huge glowing mark, etc., etc.

Proto good.

:)
And people at walk on's complain that it doesnt wipe off easily.

Well, they shouldnt be trying to wipe in the first place :rolleyes:

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
proto paint is very good at the moment.
i asked Nicky T what paint he would recommend to use at the indoor this weekend and he reckoned proto was the way to go.

i chucked a hopper full over the chrono yesterday and it was pritty consitant.

have you tried shooting it yet?