Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Q's about NvS, baller played last year please help out

I'm thinking of going to the NvS this year and Ive got a mate willing to drive me there so transportation is no longer a problem. But I have been thinking if everything will be very trouble as to think about like the toilet, shower etc. Other things are like, in the middle of a game, if I run out of paint, do I need to come off the field and buy a new box straightaway or should I keep boxes of paints in the car and have my mate to open up his car when I need a total refill? Also I run a Vanguard Creed and I wonder how long will 4 pods of paint last me as I currently have a 4+1 harness.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I would suggest you go to a few walk on`s first ?? to aswer your questions first hand as every gun shoots different amounts and maybe you might think of getting another harness to carry More, even Leg ones ?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I'm thinking of going to the NvS this year and Ive got a mate willing to drive me there so transportation is no longer a problem. But I have been thinking if everything will be very trouble as to think about like the toilet, shower etc. Other things are like, in the middle of a game, if I run out of paint, do I need to come off the field and buy a new box straightaway or should I keep boxes of paints in the car and have my mate to open up his car when I need a total refill? Also I run a Vanguard Creed and I wonder how long will 4 pods of paint last me as I currently have a 4+1 harness.
I have not been to NvS for a few years or so.
The North keeps going on about them winning all the time, which in my experience was not so - perhaps it is my absence that is causing the Southern loss?

Anyway:

Toilets & showers - If you are camping, which is free, then toilets are fine. They will be portaloos, so of course are as clean as the people who use them. Have your own hand cleanser and toilet roll / wet wipes available and you will live.
When I was last there the indoor showers & real toilets were also available.
If you do have a bit of OCD etc, or are not the camping type you may prefer a hotel, but there are also usualy rooms available within the Swynnerton bunkers.
http://www.northvsouth.com/Camping-&-Accommodation.html

It can be diffcult to translate walkon paint consumption to scenario paint consumption. At NvS you can spend all day in the game zone, so if you are a paint sprayer and/or a longballer then you will run out no matter how much you carry. But you could also spend your time bypassing the big shootouts and pursuing scenario goals, this would mean you shoot less and one walkon games worth of paint could last all day.
For the average person it will be somewhere inbetween and you will also want to get out of the gamezone at some point.

Air fills will be available at convenient points, and has also been available in the past on a mobile basis - e.g. spot a landrover driving around & stop it for a lift and fill.

If you are concerned about running out when in game, some people bring a backpack for extra paint and possibly a cylinder.

You can use staging areas and keep your paint ready for filling up rather then heading back to the tent or car, if you keep paint in a car then it can be hot and affect its condition. (Also opening too many bags will also let in moisture from the air and affect the paint. Leave bags sealed in the box.
Things should be safe in the staging area. Obviously don't leave cash or too much flash gear out, but people are coming & going all of the time. Even though it is a lot of people around, paintballers are mostly honest - we all spend so much on gear and respect other peoples property.

I am aware that at one of the NvS games I attended that a players top of the range gun disappeared. However this was because of his lack of care, leaving it unattended and his team mates decided to keep it safe for him, plus teach him a lesson - putting it in the van. He noticed it was gone, alerted the world, but then didn't care that it was gone as 'dad will buy me another', and was also unaffected when told that they put it aside to teach him the lesson.

A box of paint outght to be safe in the staging area.

Reactions: paul warped