Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Question for Jerry Braun.

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Dear Mr Braun,

In the greater scheme of paintball things, what role do you think the World Cup plays? Ok I know for tourny players it's the mecca of paintball, I know for you it's great kudos and business, but when it boils down to the advancement of paintball as a sport or recreation (wherein you sell more magazines, your site has more rentals every weekend, the whole industry steps up a gear) what does any tourny achieve? This is not meant to be a pop, I could ask the same question of Toulouse or Campaign or whoever, but you just happen to be logged on an the moment.

Jerry Braun

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
World Cup

I look at the World Cup as a measure of competition paintball. How far we've come, how far we have yet to go. A measure of our successes and a measure of our limitations. Because of its size, the World Cup pushes the boundaries. We should do about 350 teams this year, and in so doing, we will be about 20% the size of the Olympics. These are active participants, mind you, not spectators.
I have always enjoyed watching great teams in action, and the World Cup offers the best competition around. That hasn't and will not change.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
World Cup

Any big tournament and obviously the World Cup is the biggest, legitimises our sport both in terms of the event itself and its attendant media coverage.
It is also a focal point for teams and individuals to become characterised and well known.
The World Cup has made heroes of players and institutions of teams.
At the very least it has inferred upon paintball a degree of seriousness that no cynic can argue against.
The sheer number of teams attending is testament to the popularity and importance of our beloved sport of paintball.
Any serious sport has to have its roots firmly fixed within the ideals of competition and big tourneys such as the World Cup and Toulouse are merely our versions of the Superbowl, NBA finals or Soccer's World Cup.
No big tournaments means no aspirations.
No aspirations means you a damn Recballer :)
Just my opinion u understand.
Robbo