Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

quick cocker question

Jul 27, 2001
Slutton Surrey
Visit site
i currently shoot a shocker and love the accuracy, consistancy and speed and think it is a quality marker but the weight and size issue of the marker is effecting my game for the worse.

if i bought a stock autococker would i get a similar standard of accuracy and consistancy but without the weight problem as long as i also get a decent barrel?
im used to stripping my shocker down and cleaning it after a days play will a cocker require a similar standard of maintance? Is it really that hard to time a autococker?

is their a big difference in weight between a cocker and shocker?:confused:

LARSEN

Jul 17, 2001
Aarhus, Denmark
Visit site
Find one..........

and try it.

It is not a question that anyone can answer for you.

It's to personal, it all depends if the cocker "works" for you.

Regarding the weight i don't know. It should be though, that schocker is a heavy b......

If you know someone that have a cocker, try it. I am sure he will let you if you tell him that you are thinking of switching. We cocker guys are proud of our guns. :D :D

QuikSilver

I agree with Larson.

I do not suggest taking the WHOLE cocker apart and cleaning it. Unless you know how to retime a cocker you will not be able to get working again without bring it to your local air smith. Even if you do know how to time it, when you do time it you want to do it to perfection, and retiming it just for the sake of wiping off some oil on the internals is pointless and could actually **** your gun. All needed is a few drops of oil in the macro line or what ever and 40 or so blank shots without a barrel. That is ALL the maintenance you will need to do unless the rare occasion of a seal breaking.

I have been with cockers for so long now it is the only gun I will buy/own. Timing them is like second nature to me and not really a job at all. So for me they are the perfect gun, mine always works.

So for me they are the perfect gun...
That is for ME. Not you. Sure a cocker is great for many people but for some it is not. It took a great while for me to learn how to time cockers as well as I do, so don't expect to fiddle with it once and be a master :p

And in my opinion, cockers are great and can be very light, like mine :)

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Same here

I just recently switched from a Shocker myself for the exact same reasons, and jumped to the S/M Cocker, which actually shoots at a lower pressure than my Shocker did, and gets tons more shots per tank, over a case! :D Compared to a Shocker it's tiny and much more mobile. Only things that I have to remember with it is to keep the shroud on it when it's in my gear box so the hoses don't get ripped off or the ram getting bent (again...), being sure to do the full trigger motion every shot, and oil it occasionally. If you can, get a Cocker condom from either Redz, Warped Sportz, or Unique.

A stock Cocker would be good with a good barrel, but to really get the most out of it I'd recommend getting a Shocktech 3 way (single greatest upgrade to shorten trigger pull to half or less), nitro, and a replacement vertical reg like a WDP reg, GenX, Black Ice/Unireg, or Messiah.

Gee, somehow I suspected that Quiksilver was a Cockermaster. :p

slim

Little legs rock!!
Aug 13, 2001
England
Visit site
cockers are the nads

i have a vert feed 2001 cocker with a freak and a max flow 4500 system on it it is lighter than an angel has a good rate of fire and is damn accurate i am proud of my gun and the system is good too i have not had one problem with it and i have had it for a while it is damn class

get one
:) :)

HyperIntensity

Aug 3, 2001
Corning New York USA
Visit site
Pick up an STO

Try finding an STO autococker-the new 2k1. It's milled out and very light, add a freak and you should be all set. All you really need to do is after a day of play, yank the bolt out and clean it and re-oil it( I use shocker grease on my bolt) and add a couple drops of oil to the reg input and shoot it a couple times with the cocking rod and barrel removed to lube the rest of the system. Good luck, you'll love it.

Steve-Captain-HyperIntensity