Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Reball results?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
But what concenrs me (and other people) is, why did you feel it incumbent on you to ask direct questions to official government bodies?
Our cause may be better served by going through existing channels that are already recognised as being bone fide representatives of our sport.
Just lobby Steve or John (Hotpoint) and if they see fit to ask an official question, then so be it, if they don't, then try to leave it at that.
Peace Jose

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
The original enquiry was made after a group of us started wondering about the legality of alternate ammo and a quick E-mail sorted it........ not a specific product and hypothetical at the time (I believe they were talking about solid nylon rounds). I never imagined they'd be available in the UK at the time, so it wasn't really a concern I wanted to share with anyone busy with real paintball... (Bully and hotpoint both responded on the thread at the time with differing views anyway). I'm still worried, but I'll keep quiet. I just thought this info was relevant to this thread too :)

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
Regarding Alvaro.

He's working with the Reball project. And his answer to you on the other thread was just plain wrong.
Just as your post stating Reball is illegal.

Magued

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I never stated anything of the sort. I just asked if they were...... the most I said was "it could be argued that firing anything but paintballs is illegal" which is true as it's a grey area, I'm not posting any more, and now you've answered my question on Alvaro...... I'm still not sure where I stand on the subject and I can't see a clear cut answer......... but I'll not be posting on the subject any more as requested by Robbo. But again, I'm not having a go and I've never made any definitive statements........(I did repeat one made by someone who worked on the project though) I'm still wondering myself, so how could I? Can I also point out that I got involved in the discussion because I want to use them....... it would allow our team to move to indoor practice, which would be superb.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
I never stated anything of the sort. I just asked if they were...... the most I said was "it could be argued that firing anything but paintballs is illegal" which is true as it's a grey area, I'm not posting any more, and now you've answered my question on Alvaro...... I'm still not sure where I stand on the subject and I can't see a clear cut answer......... but I'll not be posting on the subject any more as requested by Robbo. But again, I'm not having a go and I've never made any definitive statements........(I did repeat one made by someone who worked on the project though) I'm still wondering myself, so how could I? Can I also point out that I got involved in the discussion because I want to use them....... it would allow our team to move to indoor practice, which would be superb.
Jose, please don't get the wrong impression, you can post as much as you would like on this subject, I just thought that perhaps a little more reflection could have been done lest we woke sleeping dragons, especially when some of us started making unofficial, unilateral enquiries to government bodies.
But please don't stop tapping any keys because of anything I said (I only reserve that little indulgence for raehl).

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I took it the way you intended it mate :) (If I'd made the enquiry about a specific product rather than just out of interest then it would have been out of order not to go through proper channels anyway)...... I agree with you now too, it'll be sorted either way and it doesn't need stirring up. It was fine when it was speculation, but this is real stuff and involves peoples livelehoods........ it'll all work out :)

mike-s

May 28, 2006
www.saspaintball.se
With regard to the original post.
We have used Tracerballs/ Phazerballs ( not re-balls ) for a number of years now and find them to be brilliant !
They are of a semi soft silikon and not rubber like the re-balls. We tried the re-balls but found the tracerballs/phazerballs to be better. ( not quite so hard, went straight, and glowed i the dark )

The fact that the Tracerballs/Phazerballs glow in the dark adds a really cool addition to your game if it is in the right enviroment.

As a company it is a perfect bit of kit ! ( No sticky mess to clean on the goggles and markers, no sticky mess on the cammo clothes that are hired, and the balls are re usable !

After using normal paintballs in our indoor jungle adventure scenario game for approx 7 years we switched to the tracer/phazerballs.
What a HUGE difference for us and the customer.
We can now offer a "package price" that once paid, the customer can shoot as much as he wants without having to think of his wallet getting smaller.
We are able to offer much more in our games, and offer a much cooler enviroment WITH surround sound, lighting effects, etc.. knowing that sticky paint is not going to be on everything minutes after the first game !

Before we had to empty the whole area approx 1 - 2 times a month to high pressure hose down everything, and change out the ground covering ( this took approx 2 full days )

Now all we do is pick up balls after each game ! ( takes approx 5- 10 minutes)