Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Reg stuck low and valve leaking.

Bone

Emulsified!
Ok, my first problem out of two kinda related ones.

This might turn out to be a long wandering rant where i try to put down my ideas on whats going on, so you guys can correct me where necessary.

I've just fitted an Extreme Rage Omega Turbo Valve to an E99 which is on its way to going low pressure, its got a huge LPC, polished bolt,striker, and internals, drilled asa holes, and a stock shutter reg (not the best, but the owner is working up to a better one eventually).

When the gun is gassed up on CO2, when uncocked, it leaks quite severely from the valve (can hear it out of barrel and feed tube). Cocking it lessens the leak, but theres still a fair old amount of gas escaping (you DON'T have to hold it to your ear to hear it).

Now i was suprised to hear this brand new piece'o kit leakin, seeing as it is a turbo valve, i'm guessing, designed to run with LP.

When i fired the gun it let off what seemed to be an infinitely long gun fart....only way to stop it was to catch the bolt.

That is problem 1......leaky new valve not cocking....any remedies?

The second problem occurred when i tried to turn the reg back up to around 600-800 to maybe seal the valve and allow the gun to cock with a higher pressure (i was hoping that after a few thousand rounds or so the valve and cup-seal would seat properly and stop leaking) .....the grub screw on the reg stops turning at 400, so i cant get the pressure high enough to sort the valve out.

Problem 2! Why does the grub screw on the reg stop at 400psi when it used to run at 500-800 (from memory). Can anyone familiar with Spyder regs tell me how far into the reg the screw is meant to go? This one is about 1/2 a mil shy of the top.

I decided to try to establish what was going on with the reg by opening it up...only to find that it seems to be a non serviceable part...not by me anyway. Once the silver front cap is off i'm confonted with what could be a brass piston (?) with a small hole through the centre and no apparent means of getting any further into it. I tried small allen keys through the hole but no joy.

If anyone knows of any spyder reg manuals or exploded drawings i would be greatful if you could point me in their general direction!

Anyway, if anyone can shed any light on any of the above i would be greatful. I have a feeling that to run the marker on LP is gonna need a new set of springs, both the main and the valve spring.......im not quite sure which stiffnesses where though....anyone?

Thanks in advance.......and well done if you read this far.

Bone