Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Remote coil!?!

JonH

Jun 16, 2013
Wanstead
Hi everyone hope alls well

Was just wondering how you all feel about remote lines and weather or not you would recommend using one. I am only playing a bit of scenario at the moment and am using a bt4 slice with co2.

Thanks for your help
Jonh

sx1990

Mar 2, 2009
When I first started playing I used one on an a5 they are a good idea but I never got on with it. Felt like I had to dislocate my shoulder if I wanted to turn it off while wearing, and limited me to one side to hold the gun. But it does take the weight off the gun which is good for big games I guess :)

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
If you want all the milsim look and have a stock fitted then there's no problem with a remote.

Also they help lighten the marker by having the tank mounted in a pouch on your vest/pack.
Get one with a slide check to quickly degas without having to turn off the tank valve every time between games.

They can be annoying as the hose can get hung up and can be relatively in flexible but like I said no issues for good old woodsball.

If you're running a normal tank and not a syphon tank, the remote will also help expand the CO2 into gas and help prevent liquid, this will help with velocity spikes but invest into HPA asap.

JonH

Jun 16, 2013
Wanstead
Thanks for you replies
Yeah I can see how it would be a bit fiddly if you needed to turn the gas off from the tank. I have just ordered one with a slide check so will see soon enough if its good for me or not. I also never knew that it helps turn the co2 into gas which I suppose is good as it would give better consistency in shots?
Will post when I have used it to let you all know what I thought :)

Jon

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
I would suggest getting the guerrilla air cobra coil (or Psiworx PC3) over a remote with a slide check. It does away with the need for it by having a quick disconnect.

They're a little more expensive as remotes go, but can be picked up pretty reasonably second hand.

As for snagging the coil, get a remote line cover and you'll never have an issue in the woods...

+1 for HPA

Last edited:

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Tried one on an old woodsball set up and hated it myself - made left hand shooting awkward, and got right in the way - several times got totally hung up when running thorugh bushes or other cover too.

hpa is better for your marker and has a much more consistent pressure. for example co2 will kill most electric markers
with reference to the remote coil I find it useful because you are carrying so much less weight making you more manoeuvrable and im not exceptionally bulky so it means I can carry the marker for longer before my arms start getting tired. however remote coils can be awkward if they catch on things or get tangled