Just to show the difference, i was playing against a buncha rec-

ballers last weekend, my little brother has a spyder, nitro, 14"

barrel, electronic, not as hot as my bushmaster and cocker...but

anyways mean and my pals all had either back-up guns or just

older guns, and we were hitting people on hills that were all

standing around and when they tried to shoot back, the

paintballs were lucks to roll past us...to make a long story short,

we rushed the hill of about 15 players with 3 guys and took them

all down...its a mix of experience and guns...not one or the other.

KCJones228

Tiki Beer God
Aug 20, 2001
Albany NY
Visit site
First I will sum it up in one word, the I add some humor(it will be funny to me at least)

CONSISTANCY!!!!!!!!

The one thing you will never get from rentals is CONSISTANCY. Give me the worst gun ever made, and if I shoot it often enuff, I will get.....CONSISTANT. You ever see a pro pool player break out the bar questick before the big tournement? Don't think so. The biggest plus of owning a marker is that you will get to know all of its quirks, if you play with it often enuff (talking about the gun;)).

Digressing......why stop at rental over personal marker?

Blow-up doll or living breathing woman(or man depending)?
Beer or non-alcoholic beer?
Live or Memorex?
Butter or Margerine?
Latex or Sheep Skin?

warped sports

Parksy Big Game 2K5
The only way to keep our customers coming back to us his to look after the kit and guns we use , our guns are checked first then taken apart to replace any seals or vavles , tigger sears eg you name it then totaly cleaned left to dry ,then oiled and cronoed
ready for our next game every monday and this is done every week this is the only way it can be done , to give our customers
the best day ever If the markers don,t work these guys won,t shoot the paint ,what we make our money on ( lets be Honest )and will not come back again and also slag paintball off as a whole so we all lose

Paul Parkes
Warped Sports
CHEERS

styles mugger

Dum...dum.....DUMMMM!!!
Jan 14, 2002
In my head, NOOOOO!!!!!!!
Visit site
Well one thing id like to ask is wud u want to clean,strip,replace parts etc to 20-60+guns at the end of the day like ud do to ur own guns(guessin sum people really clean um)after uve been screamin at um to keep there masks on,running round all day making sure they dont cheat & when they shoot the cr@p out of u from the near impossible angles(20+ft above the ground for house style fields etc.

One other thing ive noticed is that a newbie/renter sum how manages to f*** up a simple no knowledge needed of how to use guns that have few parts to break.The best test subjects to test if guns are reliable are renters for sure!.

Also these guns are used at the very least 3times more than tourney guns are with no respect or care taken of them(from the renters alone!!!!),being smacked in to trees,drums,metal objects like a over hyper active destuctive kid in a glass shop with a hammer.so Parts wear & their guns for first timers to give a taste of wot paintball is. :)

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Styles you are so eloquent I'm jelous:D

Own gun over rental has to be the case but last year I was playing with a bunch of lads using rentals and I was using a mag one of them pegged my shoulder through playing top an micro fleece it broke the skin and the mark let has still not gone completely, I think it chrono'd at around 400-450 fps
they don't always chrono low some can be downright dangerous but they tend to be less accurate and slower firing than own markers.
As was said earlier try the rental masks, they tend to be scratched to death fog up like a b*****d and about as comfy to wear as brilo pads:( that was my first purchase and it makes a differance to be able to see whats going on around you.
L8rz

site guns

at the end of the day its rental guns that get most of us hooked on this sport in the first place! i play (own gun) and occasionally work at paintball extreme in colchester. we check every gun in between games and strip them fully at the end of the day. nobody complains because thats part of the job.
paintball's future depends on encouraging new players to go down the same slippery slope as the rest of us! the new stars on the sup'air fields will be using rentals this year so sites should do all they can to ensure that the guns work!

mourning_star

Feb 14, 2002
Hell
Visit site
having own several markers of my own, and used many rentals. i can understand both side of the arguement. i've been the whiney customer complaining about the range, or lack there of on site guns.

i have also been responsible for maintaining site guns, and know the amount of pounding they take in one weekend, let alone several years of use.

the main crux of the problem for site owners is " do i seperate all walk ons to a seperate field or let them play restrained with their freinds who don't yet own equiptment"

It is really down to the site owners discretion as to who uses what on their fields.

I have no problem playing a "restrained" game if i'm on the field with a group of customers hanging on the back tape with limited paint. i have seen players (they shall remain nameless) who go onto customer feilds with enough paint to cover a chieftain tank
not the best way to introduce people to the sport, sending them on to a field with a tank buster on the opposing team

crazypbkid

team driven black
Apr 23, 2002
va
Visit site
a couple of months ago i was gunless (got scammed on ebay) but my friend asked me to go out and play rec-ball with him so i went and got this trashy tippman pro lite and i ripped every one with it. I think its just that te rentals all hold there guns wrong (arms straight out and there shakin like crazy) and they chop alot of paint. but rentals really aint that bad, No comparison to my gz timmy though

Meyer

Its been my experience that rentors are less likely to care for their gun between games than an owning player. Personally, I sit down between every game, no matter how long, and care for my marker. I squeege the barrel, even if I had no breaks, the paint still leaves a little residue, I wipe down any paint or dirt on the gun, if there is the slightest glitch on my marker I deal with it immedietly. Most rental guns are just left on a table between games, with no maintenance. This could lead to paint or dirt finding its way into the mechanism, or any slight problem that develops growing into a major one.
My point is, owners care for thier markers, most newbs just use them, and don't take the time to care for them, this naturally leads to a general decline in consistancy.