Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Returning player

- 0li -

Jan 20, 2006
Southampton / S****horpe
Hello all

I'm seriously considering returning to paintball after a hefty time off! The last time I played was maybe 8 or so years ago. Back then I had been playing for around 4 years and played 7 and 5 man tournaments, I can't quite remember what events they were, PA Cup, UK Masters, and the last one eludes me (one of bullys events I believe). I played on a team called Deja Vouz (can't remember how it was spelled), Hull Kings, and a couple of others which names I forget.

If it's not too much trouble I have a couple of questions.

1. Are there any teams I could potentially train with or any where I could play in and around the Southampton area? (unfortunately I don't have my own transport and would be relying on public transport)
2. Are there any rules in current tournament events that prohibit certain coloured markers? (I think I remember a rule of this sort)

If there is something that I should/would need to know any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Oliver

Reactions: Bolter

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Hello all

I'm seriously considering returning to paintball after a hefty time off! The last time I played was maybe 8 or so years ago. Back then I had been playing for around 4 years and played 7 and 5 man tournaments, I can't quite remember what events they were, PA Cup, UK Masters, and the last one eludes me (one of bullys events I believe). I played on a team called Deja Vouz (can't remember how it was spelled), Hull Kings, and a couple of others which names I forget.

If it's not too much trouble I have a couple of questions.

1. Are there any teams I could potentially train with or any where I could play in and around the Southampton area? (unfortunately I don't have my own transport and would be relying on public transport)
2. Are there any rules in current tournament events that prohibit certain coloured markers? (I think I remember a rule of this sort)

If there is something that I should/would need to know any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Oliver
can't help with a team but the only prohibited colour at the moment is yellow.
Only other thing you may need to know is that 7 man by and large no longer exists except for a few purpose ran events.
its now all 5 man but the majority of tournaments run a 'race to' format which means you will play the same team until either a team reaches a pre determined number of points (e.g. race to 2 or 4 are the most popular) or until regulation time expires.

welcome back :)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Well......welcome back! (y)

Guns have changed. They couldnt Police "semi auto" it was clear no-one could pull a trigger 17 times a second, but everyones gun was doing that, so they made us all use a ramp mode, and first limited it to 15bps, which was a laugh, then down to 12bps for a season or two, and now its limited to 10,5bps, which seems ......slow!

So if you go out shooting lasers these days, you'll get banned pretty quick! :) Which division in the PA League?

- 0li -

Jan 20, 2006
Southampton / S****horpe
'Race to' format sounds great, I'm assuming it equals more total games played!

As for the ramp modes, do all modern markers have these tournament modes pre-set? e.g. Geo2/2.1
I couldn't tell you which division Bolter, back then I just used to turn up and play xD

Really looking forward to getting back on the field!
Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Bolter

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
'Race to' format sounds great, I'm assuming it equals more total games played!

As for the ramp modes, do all modern markers have these tournament modes pre-set? e.g. Geo2/2.1
I couldn't tell you which division Bolter, back then I just used to turn up and play xD

Really looking forward to getting back on the field!
Thanks for the info!
Yes most will, if not all mate.

Reactions: - 0li -