Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Robbo...one to watch

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Robbo me ol' mucker...after loads of discussions I feel I must tell you.....BRAVEHEART is on Channel 5 on Tuesday at 21:00...go on....watch it, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on...it's all about how we (The Scottish) kicked your (The English) backsides.....the lead character is played by an Australian :confused: , the filming or at least most of it is done in Ireland :confused: and oh, you cut his head off at the end...still......FREEDOM......

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Sid, that is even worse than people goin on about the 66 world cup. But anyway, kickin english ass sounds good to me!! (dont hurt me, Im welsh!!)
L8r

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Keep in mind though that in all likelihood it never happened. The story is based on just one or two very short references in a very garbled historic book.
And ofcourse Mel Gibson is in fact not Australian, but a Yank. He just grew up in Australia.....
Damn, I gotta stop being such a know-it-all.....:rolleyes:

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
Why on earth the Brits wanted Scotland is beyond me...it's all hairy blokes and hairier birds, windswept craggy bird-sh*t covered rocks and sheep.
They should have just rebuilt Hadrians wall and sealed the daft buggers in.

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Actually

Hadrians wall was built to keep us hairy arsed Scottish blokes in, cos you Southern Nonces would have to go across the water and become French...;)

Still.......tis a nice please to live, if your a duck.

wee-man

Ex Baller :-(
Aug 22, 2001
Scotland
www.theclan-paintball.com
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Keep in mind though that in all likelihood it never happened. The story is based on just one or two very short references in a very garbled historic book.
And ofcourse Mel Gibson is in fact not Australian, but a Yank. He just grew up in Australia.....
Damn, I gotta stop being such a know-it-all.....:rolleyes:
have to disagree with you here buddha as this story is well documented and included in more than one history book seems to me you dont know that much about scottish history m8 but hey your dutch and i dont know a thing about your countries history and for sids info he was hung drawn and quarterd then his parts were sent to four parts of britain to show what would happen to any one else who wished to try to gain freedom from english rule

Teh events portrayed in Braveheart are believed to have happened by historians but as per usual buy hollywood, a bit of artistic license has been added.
Why does this allways happen with hollywood or Mel Bloody Gibson. Between the two they are attempting to re write world history. And in particuller bad mouth or disregard .
In the recent past we have had;
Brave Heart=English are raping and child killing monsters.
The patriot =English are raping and child killing monsters.
(hmmm see a patten here)
:confused:
U571 = the yanks perform the capture of the enigma machine when in fact it was the brits that captured the first m/c and when the yanks did finally get their mitts on them germany where virtually giving them away as they were in retreat.
Pearl Harbour= Did they forget that the british warned of the attack using radar . But the yanks ignored this saying that radar didn't work and the huge blip on the screen was a glitch.
And now we have to look forward to a Nam film starring Mr Gibson. Is this the one where the yanks Kick the veit con's arse and liberate the entir country?????
The way we are going by the end of 21st century the yanks would have been involved in every great moment in mans history, and the worst part of it is that as many people no longer read books but watch films instead. The beleive that 'based on real events' means that this is what actually happened.

Does hollywood try to rewrite history in the favour of the yanks because they have no actual momentous history of thier own?
After all where is the film about the colonists wiping the native americans of the face of the states and the atrocheties(nice spelling huh?) that happened then?