Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rookie Team Tips

Andretti

Aug 21, 2002
Western Hemisphere
Visit site
hey, thanks guys. We didnt make the finals but had lots of fun. For our next tournament were planning in the MR Series 5 man(canada) ive got alot better understanding of what we need to improve on and work on. I must have read every article in tournament and beginer section twice cause ive been home all this long boring holiday of mine. But we're planning practices and i will be working on getting our front guys to the 50 with support fire from our backs and also having our backs hold their front guy back so we beat them to key bunkers. We have fast runners and an overall good break. And if the opposition makes it to the 50 and we cant squeeze them out then we will make a code call for the mid back to move up and mug a front guy to break a flank and take the 50. Hopefully we will improve on our game. We have a couple very agressive players on our team and with some work on our individual skills i think we will improve alot from our last tournament.

DANDER MAN

Sep 30, 2002
norfolk
ok then my go

if you have all been playing with your own guns on the recball feild you no them don't **** that relationship up.

By team paint.... own paint sucks when your at the back and you weasles will want all the paint they can chuck over your heads...

for the first couple of trips out make a weekend of it meat on sat sort gear out, eat well, travle to gether.

team tool box... good plan.... take evry thing and more... spear gun if you can... if it gose wronge ask most of us will help you out... i ment all right every one here that.

Have fun, be sporting, play fear.... nothing piss people of more... leave negitive vibs moriarity.... oh if you see paint comming your way grose i mean duck i mean dead box....

Comunicate!!!!!!!

Andretti

Aug 21, 2002
Western Hemisphere
Visit site
Ya, fortunately we are all friends and two of us have been playing paintball for two years now. I am captain because im the only one who ever organizes our paintball trips. We all have some good skills for rookie level but most of the guys on the team arent very dedicated especially financially which is why i was trying to get the entrance fee together months in advance but it never worked so we will be forced to miss the first event. I am very competitive in everything i do and i have been practicing every chance i get at home but i know that our team will not be winning anytime soon unless there is a drastic change in attitude. We will continue to play as friends for fun and whenever that ends i will join a more dedicated team in the future. until then i will continue work on my individual skills which i try to improve on every time i play without developing bad habits. Another problem is one of the less experienced players has a bit of an ego and was depressed with our finish in our first tournament. I have tried to give him tips and suggested articles on this site but he seems to think his way is always better than mine and when he glances at the articles i suggest he says "ya i already know that" but doesnt seem to get the point and he really has his mind set on being a front player and the teams glory boy but he doesnt have the skills needed so hopefully he will accept his position. Understanding the type of team we have i have decided against trying to replace him or enforcing drills on him and hopefully he will start to accept advice from other players more willingly. For now we will continue to have fun as we all love paintball.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Walk the fields. Watch more experienced teams walk the fields, then see how they play based on it. This is especially useful if you're playing the same field the same day or the day afterwards. Do it as a team and in pairs, learning how to delegate responsibility for zones and establish player to player contact. After that, it's timing, skill refinement, and communication, plus a ton of luck.