Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rule changes at World Cup

R

raehl

heh....

Oh, an unnamed bonafide source, well then, that's ENTIRELY different than a reliable rumor! ;)

- Chris

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
heh....

Originally posted by raehl
Oh, an unnamed bonafide source, well then, that's ENTIRELY different than a reliable rumor! ;)

- Chris
Thanks Baca.

I didn't use the right terminology. I'm glad there are a few truly literate university students in America who are not only articulate but who also might know the difference between Sweden and Switzerland (embarrasing sometimes).

I'm already on PSP's hit list as it is and I have thousands of Smacktalkers who want a piece of me because I dared question what was going on. So I better not say anything about reliable unnamed sources. I was, like our very perceptive Chris, supposed to KNOW that the rules posted on the CURRENT website were old.

I'll be glad when our new baby comes so I won't have time to get myself in hot water with the whole paintball world!

Steve

R

raehl

Yes and no...

On the one hand, one would expect people to do a better job keeping their sites updated. On the other, being responsible for keeping a site updated myself, I know that just doesn't always happen. You lose track of what links to where and how old it is and keeping it updated also tends to fall behind other activities like the real job and making sure you even have information to put on the website to begin with.

Running straight to the web boards probably wasn't your best solution - if you were worried about it, could have called someone on the PSP staff and said "Hey, paintball.com had this rule, and this rule looks like BS. (Sir Alec Guiness voice) Are you sure these are the rules you are looking for?" Might have saved everyone a lot of headaches.

- Chris

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Yes and no...

Originally posted by raehl
On the one hand, one would expect people to do a better job keeping their sites updated. On the other, being responsible for keeping a site updated myself, I know that just doesn't always happen. You lose track of what links to where and how old it is and keeping it updated also tends to fall behind other activities like the real job and making sure you even have information to put on the website to begin with.

Running straight to the web boards probably wasn't your best solution - if you were worried about it, could have called someone on the PSP staff and said "Hey, paintball.com had this rule, and this rule looks like BS. (Sir Alec Guiness voice) Are you sure these are the rules you are looking for?" Might have saved everyone a lot of headaches.

- Chris
Probably right. At least it has been clarified now on the boards. And maybe an announcement would have been made as a result of a phone-call rather than as a result of the postings. I did send an e-mail, as I said earlier, to respectfully ask for clarification. Maybe the response came as a result of that.

And I wasn't the one who started the questions. I just brought it here and took it to Smacktalk because PSP makes announcements there.

I think it was a fun discussion anyway. I just hope it didn't cost anybody anything. I think some very good points came out about the rules and spelling things out for everyone's benefit. Especially the newcomers to the sport.

And I, like Baca,wonder if there wasn't something conscious in the posting of the old rules. Maybe to show some safety resolve.:cool: