Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

serial number on a bottle

OK i have a booking for for a big game now were is the serial number on my bottle to many long numbers my bottle is a 1.5 88Ci tactical x systems any idea and also my bottle has been retested by H-PAC now its got the test date 30/09/08-/397 now how does that work out for expiry date as this form is asking for it any help guys

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Examples of cylinder markings are as linked:
http://www.luxfercylinders.com/products/paintball/cylindermarkings/

If it is a steel cylinder then it does not have a final date provided it passes each test when due and the markings will be like the second example.

If a fibre wrapped cylinder then it has a maximum life of 15 years. The third example shows fibre markings with the final expiry date on the fourth row which will match as the date on the third row plus 15 years.

Assuming the cylinder is not HSE-AL-FW1 then the next test date is due at the end of September 2013, unless it is a fibre cylinder with a final date at that time or before.

http://www.ukpsf.com/paintballlaw.asp

REMEMBER!!!!

FIVE YEARS FOR FULL-FIBRE WRAPPED BOTTLES - EN12245 and Pi certified.

THREE YEARS FOR FULL WRAPPED BOTTLES - HSE-AL-FW2 manufactured before July 2003 then five years after retesting for SCI and Luxfer cylinders

THREE YEARS FOR FULL WRAPPED BOTTLES - HSE-AL-FW1

FIVE YEARS FOR HALF WARP BOTTLES

FIVE YEARS FOR ALUMINUM OR STEEL BOTTLES

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Born date = June 2003
Latest test = 30 Sept 2008
Next test due = 30 Sept 2013
Final expiry = May 2018
Serial = ALT 816E - 1397

Note: The cylinder would have been due a test from 30 June 2008 and not tested until September, thus could not have been used in the interim period.

It cannot be used after 30 Sept 2013 without testing, but no matter what test date will only last until the end of May 2018. You can therefore have it tested any time from 30 May 2013 to Sept 2013 to keep it live. If there is a conveient time you are not playing then pick that for testing.