Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Shadow

Vimto

Sterling Paintballs
Oct 30, 2012
Aldershot, Hampshire
Hey Folks. I've been checking these guys out for quite a while now, they are a new Barrel company based in Europe. They seem to be making some very nice aluminium and Carbon barrels, and from what scarce reviews I've managed to find (remember they are new) their barrels kick ass. They seem to bore barrels out of solid aluminium sticks, rather than pre-formed tubing, and looking at their production process the finish looks great.

Does anybody have any personal experience with them? I know its a long shot, but I'm after a barrel and I fancy giving these guys a try. If you wanna check them out, here's their facebook page, they say they are focusing more on production right now than finishing their website. http://www.facebook.com/paintballshadow

Also, they seem to be looking for a UK distributor, I read on another forum. Not sure how up-to-date this info is, but they genuinely seem like decent barrels for really decent prices (30 Euro's for a Carbon coated aluminium front and back, if I remember correctly)

If anyone has any info, please share, as I'm really interested, and I'm sure it will perk the interest of a few other folks :)

Cheers!

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
There facebook page has been up for sometime now. The only info or contact details is through a gmail account.
No website as yet, and nothing to show the background of the company.

Vimto

Sterling Paintballs
Oct 30, 2012
Aldershot, Hampshire
Bradley, completely agree with you here, and looking at their reports, they put 1.5mm of carbon on one of their barrels <---- Practically indestructible?! :eek:

Second, I think I can definitely see a benefit for tournament using these barrels, as both the back and front are carbon, so really light, increasing you whip-up speed? They seem to have good porting on the front as well... Definitely want to trial them as well. Dropped them a message a few days back but no reply as of yet...

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Second, I think I can definitely see a benefit for tournament using these barrels, as both the back and front are carbon, so really light, increasing you whip-up speed? .

... can't tell if this is serious or a joke

Vimto

Sterling Paintballs
Oct 30, 2012
Aldershot, Hampshire
... can't tell if this is serious or a joke
Well sorry, I'm not a tourney player, so I'm speculating. Feel free to add something constructive, like an explanation as to why it wouldn't increase whip-up speed? I'd be interested to hear your views. I would be under the impression that a lighter barrel, would be easier to lift?

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
I have one here if anyone would like to try it out......We were looking into a sponsorship deal and got this one to trial however to be honest we didn’t notice and improvement in accuracy or sound, Hence why we shall stick with the standard shaft kit. They do look nice however and are very nicely priced, The lady you should speak to if interested is Nathalie Whise who owns shadow.

Reactions: NitroBall

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Well sorry, I'm not a tourney player, so I'm speculating. Feel free to add something constructive, like an explanation as to why it wouldn't increase whip-up speed? I'd be interested to hear your views. I would be under the impression that a lighter barrel, would be easier to lift?
The difference between that and a normal barrel will be miniscule, getting your gun up is a matter of reactions, not weight, with high end guns now. When gun manufacturers have spent years shedding every last bit of weight off the guns, they're as light as they need to be in order to not play a factor in the breakout

The main focus players will be looking at is "increased accuracy" which is again going to be miniscule unless your barrel is already ****ed up. It might of been the case many moons ago where a stock barrel would let you down, but now a days with eclipse's stock being the shaft4, dyes the ultralite etc aftermarket barrels are more a thing of personal preference. Honestly, wouldnt buy into it.

That said, they do look like good work.

Reactions: NSKlad and Bolter

Vimto

Sterling Paintballs
Oct 30, 2012
Aldershot, Hampshire
Appreciate your explanation Dave :)

I have one here if anyone would like to try it out......We were looking into a sponsorship deal and got this one to trial however to be honest we didn’t notice and improvement in accuracy or sound, Hence why we shall stick with the standard shaft kit. They do look nice however and are very nicely priced, The lady you should speak to if interested is Nathalie Whise who owns shadow.
Any chance of being able to try it out buddy? I still haven't had a reply from them