Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

sight rails

Smitty

Scenerio-DoItInTheWoods
Aug 29, 2002
Gainesville, FL
Visit site
Everybody is going to have a different opinion on this, like everything else, but here is mine:

I don't use a sight on my gun, I prefer to look down the barrel. That being said, i'm looking to purchase a sight eventually to go with my new marker (just got a new cocker). I don't know what the difference will be, or whether I will like it or not. I will have to try it out and see.

I recommend you doing the same. If you can get your hands on (through borrowing, or buying a cheap one to test) then I recommend going that route. I've never really seen the need for using a site on a paintball gun, but I am beginning to. Even though there is a much wider variance in the flight of paintballs as apposed to real bullets, it may help in zeroing in on the target easier than looking at where the balls are going.

Let me know if you get a sight and how it works out, I would be curious to know myself.

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
no matter how many times i look at those Izon sights though i still can't work out how they work! the seem to just go into the feed tube! Am i mistaken or just dumb! :rolleyes:

Smitty

Scenerio-DoItInTheWoods
Aug 29, 2002
Gainesville, FL
Visit site
Howdy,

They are pointing into the feed tube, but it doesn't matter with that type of sight.

Basically, it is a dot sight. You keep both eyes open when using it, the dot is placed in your vision. The part that sticks out toward the feed tube is actually a light collector so that it doesn't need batteries. This, of course, eliminates it's use at night.

FUBAR

Yank Car Nut!
Aug 1, 2002
Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK
www.mkb.cc
so am i right in thinking.....

The light that hits the Izon sight gets refracted into your right eye (if your shooting right handed) and your brain then superimposes the dot into your left eye vision (cos it does wierd things like that)

and the dot appears where your left eye is looking.

FUBAR

Gurney

"The Real Apoc"
Oct 13, 2001
Royston, Herts.
Originally posted by Munkeh
no matter how many times i look at those Izon sights though i still can't work out how they work! the seem to just go into the feed tube! Am i mistaken or just dumb! :rolleyes:
Nah you aint dumb Munkeh, I saw one advertised in PGI on Billy Wings marker and I was thinking wtf ???? I aint to sure on the explanation either :confused:

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
Same as the Armson pro dot. Works cause your brain superimposes the field of vision of both eyes. Try holding your palm facing your face and putting a bog roll tube next to it. Look through the bog roll tube with your left eye and at your palm with your right. If you keep both eyes open, it should seem like there's a hole right through your hand!

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
-----------------------------------------------------------

would a standard firearm lazer sight work

joe bob
-----------------------------------------------------------

Not on a vertical feed marker..cos it will be blocked and it would also be blocked on the majority of power feed markers too, so an extra high rail would have to be used, on a normal side feed marker then yes it would but worth the cost? don't think so :(