Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Skill......?

Zak De La Rocha

Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
Why are there constant references and supposed connections between skill and the ability to fire your gun "really fast". If i walk out onto the field with a tricked LCD complete with warp feed, am i gonna take out their entire team? its just little rambo mentalities like that that really get me! when i started paintballing, people still bought mags and pumps as their first guns so that they could get to grips with the basics......personal accuracy! nowadays it seems that jonny newbie is leaping into paintball with an angel as their first marker! god im such a bitch, but i just get annoyed with things like that......feel free to either agree with me or just give my ass a good bitch-slapping.....

Fish

Zak De La Rocha

Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
dude, im talkin nowadays! mags etc. compared to angels. not saying speed is bad or anything, its just i dont think that being able to shoot really fast makes you a good player. im pretty happy with the general lack of bitch-slapping of my ass going on.

laterz

Da Pope

Jun 13, 2002
Middle of Minnesota
Visit site
true...true...

Yeah it happens there is a new guy who plays with me and my friends and he is trying to make up for a lack of skill and tallent with just sending a stream of balls down the field and not moving. An when I see him being taking out by a guy who crawled the whole length and shot him from the side with a pump I can't help but laugh my head off. I respect the good pump players they sneak up on yah.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Jeez dude, don't get your panties in a knot...
99.99% of the newbies will exactly do that! They just sit behind their bunker and send a string of paint somewhere, really fast gun or not. Give them some slack, it takes time for them to develop their skills. There is no such thing as an insta-paintballer, you know, the 'just add water' thing.

Zak De La Rocha

Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
that is true! but i just would prefer it if newbies didnt go throwing themselves at 1r3s and the like as a first marker....thats my point. its a peice of mind issue, i would just prefer it if no-talent ass clowns kept away from big guns. im being harsh again, im sorry everyone!

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
You can be as harsh as you want to, it's fine with me.
But look at it this way: Guy starts playing, but sucks big time. Guy buys souped up marker, but still sucks because of lack of skills. Guy does not want to train, because he feels souped up kit should make up for it. Guy keeps sucking big time. Guy gets fed up with being bunkered, guy quits paintball. Guy sells souped up marker for low price to YOU!:D

So next time you see a new guy with an IR3, give him a hug. :rolleyes:

Zak De La Rocha

Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
that makes sense, would you object if i gave you a non homo-erotic hug?

dammit! thats SO true! but i hate it when these people dont quit and end up clogging up the lower ends of teams. bah humbug to it all!

Scottish are stereotypically mean....i hate it when stereotypes are right!