Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

SLG 09 UL power issues

Shwat

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2009
Wirral
Just got my UL, and Ive played 1 game with it. Shot a box through it. When I was firing a few shots with my friend, the LED was flicking between green, blue and purple. I assumed it was the battery, even though it was the battery that came with it.

I changed the battery with a Duracell Plus, turned my gat on, and the light just faded and it all shut down. I tried 2 other batteries and it did the same. These batteries I have tested on my loader, and it works like a dream.

Can someone shed some light?

Mello

Sep 19, 2003
Romford
Visit site
I have a team mate that also seems to be having th same prob, he will put in a brand new procell, shoot off like 3 pots and its got a low battery.

BZNeil

BZ Paintball Supplies
May 17, 2007
www.bzpaintball.co.uk
On the UL sometimes the battery contacts don't have a very good connection with the battery which can cause the issues you describe. You can try wedging something under the base of the battery like some card, this may help.

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
Hi

If the LED flickers blue while you are shooting, or even if the gun is just turned on then it means the voltage output from the battery is low, and you need to replace it. This can occasionally happen even with a relatively new battery, it is possible to randomly get a flat cell out of the box.

Also, something to take note of, is that not all 9v batteries are the exact same dimensions, this means the void in the grip frame for the battery has to be somewhat generous to allow for this. I have found that with some brands of battery, namely Duracell Procell, that you have to a place a small wedge at the bottom of the battery to ensure a good connection with the contacts. Otherwise you will find that the LED fades and the marker turns itself off.

If you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail - eurotech@dyeprecision.com.

Additional contact information can be found via the DYE Europe website http://www.dyepaintball.com/shop/eu_gb/contacts/

Thanks

Ash Chaplen
DYE Europe

Shwat

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2009
Wirral
Put a bit of folded paper at the bottom. That did the trick just fine :D

Thanks guys. Much love :p

Shwat

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2009
Wirral
Ok, though technically not a power issue, I thought Id post it here to save making a new thread.

Every game I play, after a while, my ASA starts to wobble and slide. This cant be normal! I need to tighten the screws after every game?

Nanagedon

Jan 21, 2009
Mighty. Mighty Huddersfield
Ok, though technically not a power issue, I thought Id post it here to save making a new thread.

Every game I play, after a while, my ASA starts to wobble and slide. This cant be normal! I need to tighten the screws after every game?
try dabbing a little tiny bit of lock tight on the screw to hold it tight

Deltawar

Sep 30, 2008
Clacton-on-sea
i had same problem but im using rechargable energizer batteries now and they are slightly larger than the norm and thus have a nice tight fit.

Deltawar

Sep 30, 2008
Clacton-on-sea
rechargable energizers cost £7.50, i have 2 and alternate between using them when the other is charging.. obviously they wont last as long as a single duracel but 1 will last a whole day so after a day of playing take it out and recharge them the day before u play and ur all set to go.