The Home Of European Paintball

Sliding

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
Depends on the surface....

Wet grass expect to slide for miles, Mud/sand stops you in your tracks.

I try to keep the weight off my knees when sliding, Tuck my feet under my butt and lean right back on the outside of my shoes.
That way i can control the slide easier, Lean back to go faster, forward to stop.

Its a case of trying it, do it in the garden, park wherever. Get a comfartable position that doesnt hurt too much and watch to avoid too much impact on your knee caps.

Best bit of advice....

Get knee pads,

No matter how well u play, if u cripple yourself sliding in then u are going no where soon :D

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
I used to slide on my knees, but have recently changed over to the "Rock style". You'll need knee and elbow pads, along with a little bit of courage for the first couple of goes:D

From the gate run as fast as possible, look to hit the ground from about 15 feet away from bunker, face first sliding on your chest. If you fall short of the bunker it ok just crawl on in.

I've only attempted this on grass so far, so don't hold me responsibe if you hurt yourself:D :eek: :cool:

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
At last Sundays practise I tripped before I was going to dive and ended up using my face as a brake for about 7 feet, it wasnt nice...but the important thing is I made my barricade, Ill get the plastic surgery later:)

Solonor

!

I just finished my slide practise(practise,yeah right-if you got nothin'else to do...) at home-yes home on the ground-well **** everyone near the appartment heard the Wham-Bam noises but anyway...
Buy kneepads and lean behind-it hurts less.Oh and convince yourself on the field to do it. It helps me too ,not to concentrate on the process of the slide but to do it without thinkin'it.
And yes you can fall on your chect too on your appartment-just wear gloves(to slide more) and elbow pads-just in case...
Also if you slide using your one knee bent to slide and the other on the ground its easier to slide-shoot-get up and move to another bunker...
(hope my knees heal tomorrow;-)
Respect

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Give each field a couple of practice runs to determine how the sliding goes, so that when you're doing it in a game you can slide to the spot you want to be in rather than having to wriggle your way into firing position. Often times this is important so that you can take a far up bunker and be able to set up to shoot faster than the person that you're shooting at, so that you can take advantage of open angles that if the target stays alive too long they'll shoot you out, negating your move.

wingofheero

Apr 10, 2002
Here
Visit site
some times, it depends on what kind of a bunker u slide to, in a feild near me, its dugout dirt, its not a pretty slide. or some times you just run right into the bunker. a good try is putting a hand out, if possible, to stop your self at a good point in the bunker, and keep the other hand out with your marker to cover your flank

SpectorX

Apr 12, 2002
Jersey baybe!
Visit site
Dont slam into the bunker, that could be a problem. Once I slid 6 ft and hit the bunker, then it fell over...that was kinda humiliating, then I got lit up by a buncha rec ballers...=(