Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Small leak on 3000psi tank

Balls deep

Jan 6, 2009
MK
Hi guys over a year ago now i bought a tank (brand new) and i have played with it multiple times now and it works fine apart from a small leak that i have noticed.. if it is left for 30 mins it looses a small amount of pressure.. if i leave it for a week then most of the air will have leaked out.. what should i do? take it to pieces and check everything is nice and tight? or get it looked at by an air smith? many thanks

Chris :)

M600

Sock Hats are Cool!
Jan 4, 2008
air it up and put it in the sink to find out where it leaks

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Hi

You can give the bottle a quick dip to find the leak.

The alternative technique is to spray washing up liquid and water mix over the reg end of the bottle. you will get lots of bubbles from where ever the leak is.

Once you have located the leak let us know and we will advise you further.

Regards

Ed

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
You dont need to dunk it in water to find a leak. Just drip a bit of soapy water mix (washing up liquid) from a sponge. The escaping air will fizz and blow bubbles, making it pretty obvious where leak is coming from.

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
Metal,fibre,make? If you're confident enough strip the bottle,disassemble the valve and clean it.
Dont use any cleaning agents,just clear 0-ring accumulated debris/dust by blowing and wiping with a clean rag.
How often do you use it?Small amount of pressure..how much?
I've had a few that have leaked over time especially at low pressure,never worried about it.
Sometimes when you diconnect them the valves get stuck which cause leaks,normally depressing the valve reseats them.
Of course if it's only a year old perhaps return it to the supplier for inspection.
Invest in a thread/valve protector and nipple protector if you're just throwing it in a bag it is subject to a plethora of debris.

Balls deep

Jan 6, 2009
MK
Metal,fibre,make? If you're confident enough strip the bottle,disassemble the valve and clean it.
Dont use any cleaning agents,just clear 0-ring accumulated debris/dust by blowing and wiping with a clean rag.
How often do you use it?Small amount of pressure..how much?
I've had a few that have leaked over time especially at low pressure,never worried about it.
Sometimes when you diconnect them the valves get stuck which cause leaks,normally depressing the valve reseats them.
Of course if it's only a year old perhaps return it to the supplier for inspection.
Invest in a thread/valve protector and nipple protector if you're just throwing it in a bag it is subject to a plethora of debris.
Its metal and i probably lose 500psi an hour until its empty. I have used it one most months since this time last year. I have taken it to pieces before i will give that a go and see what happens if that doesnt help i will try the washing up liquid.
Many thanks guys :)

Balls deep

Jan 6, 2009
MK
OK i took it to bits and cleaned it, i then played with it all day. got it home and filled it late evening time, checked it this morning and the leak is fixed!

Thanks guys!

Chris :)