Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

smart parts ion won't fire

noodles19

Jun 13, 2006
Norfolk
the ion won't fire I have changed o rings, changed battery, altered dwell, cleaned solenoid, it cocks when air is put through it, and it turns on fine, I can't work it out please someone help

Speeder

Very Special Member
Dec 23, 2012
Denmark
Try to put the settings back to factory defaults, you can't really set the dwell, if it can't fire.
Ajust the inline reg. according to your manual.
Make sure it's clean and well lubed.

Then try it again.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
Are you trying to fire paint or dry fire?
Unless you turn the eyes off it won't dry fire.
If there's paint, could be faulty eyes. Again, try turning off the eyes.
Next would be a pressure/dwell issue. If the pressure is ok (anywhere from 120-180psi depending on your set up), but not firing then your dwell is probably too low. If memory serves around 15 on the stick board settings should be about right.

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
@noodles19 is the battery brand new out of the box made by a decent brand such as duracell. If not.. it doesn't matter that it works in another gun it could still be the battery. I used to work for SP and I can promise you I've heard what you just said sooo many times and when they sent it back I put a new battery in and the gun worked..

However if it's not he battery reset the board to factory, make sure there is no lube in the hose between the noid and the banjos, check the banjos are also clear of dirt and lube, make sure the trigger is actually activating the switch (the light light flashes on a trigger pull and you can hear the micro switch button being press),

noodles19

Jun 13, 2006
Norfolk
checked the hose, put a brand new Duracell in it, and reset the board but it still won't fire, I used to work fine but suddenly stopped

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Pulling the trigger actually activates the micro switch?
The rear banjo and hose are clear?

Pop the top cap on the solenoid and check not gunk has hot in there.. if you aren't sure on how to do that there are plenty of walk through videos on youtube.

noodles19

Jun 13, 2006
Norfolk
I looked all the banjos are clean, the hoses have no gunk in them, and there is no gunk in the solenoid, the trigger pulls fine as the light is flashing when pulled, I really have no idea now