Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Smart Parts SP1 leak

iWhiteBoyyy

Lifes to short for chess.
Oct 14, 2009
County Durham
Purcahsed a new sp1, got it for xmas, took it out to the chrono and it would fire, new battery, full air tank, all lubed, wouldnt fire

so i took the bolts and and looked down the breech and noticed the bolt was going forward but with nowhere near enough force to shoot a ball, it would even get it past the detents.

so i turned the velocity up and it made no difference, i then turned it up full and it still made no diffrence, i packed up and went home.

when i got home i screwed my air bottle in to see if it was still happening, then gun started to leak out of either the regulator or on the air fittings around and on the board, all the macro lines on the baord are fine and it looks to be leaking out where the bolt goes.

so i replaced the bolt back in and it is still leaking and even cycle the bolt forward or back.

this is a rbig problem as i have a game soon and was hoping to use the marker then.

if anyone has any ideas what i could try or know what i have to do to fix this problem please help.

thanks jordan :)

Oily

Big kid
Jul 30, 2006
Radcliffe,Manchester
If it's new then i would take it back to who ever you bought it off before you mess with anything else.

Saying that,how cold was it where you playing?The lube inside the marker may have 'thickened' due to the cold :confused:

Also turning up the regulator isn't a good idea as these are usually set at the factory to the required pressure,turning it up may have damaged the noid,hoses etc

iWhiteBoyyy

Lifes to short for chess.
Oct 14, 2009
County Durham
i am taking it back to the dealer reluctantly i was just wondering if anyone had a fix for the problem so i could use it for my game.

and the lube is sl33k lube and is perfectly fine as i have used my Ego 7 with the same lube and it works perfectly

and the manual says to tune the velocity as its set at 250 FPs factory and needs to be around 290 for my field.

thanks anyway mate :)

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Firstly the Ego and the SP1 are vastly different markers and frankly the SP1 is a dog in comparison so same lube means nowt :) ,no offence but you appear to be a little inexperienced in the tech department so I would reccomend handing it to someone with a bit of SP knowledge ;)

Failing that check you haven't put too much lube on the bolt and make sure you have your Dwell set at factory default or a couple of chirps higher ,set the regulator somewhere sensible and check for leaks again ,if it does, take it back.

d rabe

STD 2011
Aug 6, 2008
The basement
hi mate...the sp1 can be used with c02 or air check the dwell settings ????as it may have been changed..i have a friends sp1 in my possession that has these symptoms but it is in fact the board its self ...dead as a dodo