Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

smoke grenades: fire hazard?

Skeet

Platinum Member
Punters love them...though they dont really do a great deal.
I have seen paint mines...which are cardboard cylinderss, short and fat...with a thinner, handle or ground stake coming out of them...they go bang...but teh paint inside just gets fcuked rather than being proppelled out.
The other type were liek grenade shaped lumps of charcoal...witha cap on top with a striker, which you rubbed across teh fuse...punters do this too quick and lob it before its actually lit...which menas someone else gets to light it and lob it back!

Its all good fun...but very few actually do much....teh reuseable CO2 mines seem to work though...I think Tippman make them.

Ginja

Dyslexic Brians
Feb 12, 2006
Reading
Visit site
paint nades and flash bangs

paint nades that i have used were ****e, you would strike the top to light them which would ignite a very small charge, this charge would then go and pop open a bag of paint. It was impossible to tell if someone had been hit by a nade so as we had to watch where they landed and said whoever was around it was out.

Flash bangs are a great giggle, loud noise and scares people. thought i would add this as you seem to be going that route

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
I remember the good ol tippmannnnnnn squad buster, back in the day at npf when they still used them (few year ago, when i first played ball punter stylee).

Seemed quite effective, as my mate came out of one game covered head to toe in blue paint, v funny.

Maybe that was cos it actually landed on him, dont know for sure tho, he he.

Ginja

Dyslexic Brians
Feb 12, 2006
Reading
Visit site
its a bit long winded but you can either contact hot shots newbury and ask the guy who owns it for some as i know he produced them in china so he might do you a deal. Also you can contact weekend warriors shop in Reading thinks its paintball direct or something as i know they buy them in from hotshots.

they also make the smoke nades and paint nades

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
If you do use them, I would recommend giving them to customers only immediately before the game they are going to use them in. Carrying these things around in pockets is a dangerous practice. I have witnessed two smoke grenades go off in overalls and refs diving over punters to strip them down in 5 seconds flat but receiving fairly nasty burns in the process.

They just aren't worth the bother in my opinion.

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
even if they dont actually busrst into flames, every site ive been to had to post a marshall near them whenever they went off to check nobody picked them up or that they dont start burning... meaning you have minus one set of eyes watching punters... etc

Equinox

Go Ball Deep!!!
i have mixed feelings reguarding Smokes on Punter sites,
As some sites i have been too dont give proper instruction
about ordanance during the safety talk, even when they do though.
Theres often a punter stupid enough to try and pick it back up
and throw it back.
currently, smokes are for sale to anyone over 18, but i personally feel they shouldnt be an option to anyone in a group that contains an under 18
(on that note though, people would be miffed if they were put in a group with kids and couldnt get them for that reason..)

If you are really after thunderflashes, Airsoft websites often sell them..
make sure you dont get anything bigger than a Mk5 Though or a 90 second smoke, as that would be overkill for Paintball and im not sure where insurance would stand..