Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

So tell me when did you realize you were hooked and had become a paintballer?

eric

Dedicated Pot Bitch
Aug 23, 2001
US, Ohio
Visit site
You mean this is a paintball website??
Damn!, have I been wasting a lot of time

No but really,
I was hooked after my first day. I only played 2 games, but I KNEW I had to keep doing it.

Cyberbob13

Apr 14, 2002
Earth
www.rockerbob.com
Mine:
My neighbor said he was think about playing. I hadn't really heard anything about it, except that you shoot paint at people. It sounded fun, so I looked it up on the net. I was hooked after seeing the first website. A little later, I played my first game. I got bruised up pretty bad, but loved it nonetheless.

beaco2k

Apr 11, 2002
e.anglia
Visit site
i am a true newbie my first run out was at da wkend.in the first game i was out real quick i got hit in the face.but that got me pumped up more.and by the end of the day i was ducking and diving,enjoying it big style.i can honestly say i am hooked for life and cant wait to start da torno's.:cool:

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
I played every weekend for four months down my local site. When I realised i'd spent all my money I left college and got a job so I could continue playing. I guess it was about that time I realised i'd never do anything else but play 'ball.

Cenobite

Prize Muppet
Apr 18, 2002
Warwickshire, UK
www.cenobite.co.uk
HOOKED

Originally posted by warped sports
pump and all the gear from the old midland paintball store in covenrty And the next week joined the tomcats 1 month later
I remember that shop, just off the A45 near the Phoenix pub?
I used to hang out there, in fact many pballers seemed to hang out there.

I think the first day was at a place called Combat Game (in the midlands somewhere). I was 16 pretending to be 18. Guns were quickchange 12gram razorback pumps (slam fire was extra and so was 7oz co2 ;) ) I discovered quickly, the out of gas hiss trick. You hiss, they assume you are changing 12gram and come out. You shoot them :) I used that to deadly effect that day.

Also had many fun games with PGPs at Meriden (cant remember site name but was ran by bloke called Keith). 12 shots tubes and 12grams hehe those were the days.

Anyway I realised I was hooked, after the first game when I came off the first thing I said was "I have to get some gear of my own". Within a few days I was stood a paintball shop in Nuneaton (shop didnt stay there for long) drooling on the guns.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I started when before every game you still had to chase the t-rexes off the field. :D

Seriously, my first game/day was, like most people, as a rental.
In my first ever game I gogged a guy, by hitting him on the upper edge of his goggles, breaking the ball almost clean in half, causing half the paint to make a nice V-shaped splatt on his lense, and the other half to leave a nice yellow streak running across his scalp. Another thing I remember from that day, is getting lost almost every game. The fields were flipping HEEYOOGE back then, and the games were pretty long too, so sometimes I'd just wander around for 10 to 15 minutes before running into someone.
It was cool.
The next time I played was two weeks later and i had bought my own gear.

I still own a mint condition set of Vents Predator goggles. They were all the rage back in the days...(memoreeeeeeeeeesssss, in the corners of my mind.......)

Recoil

EBlade *fap*
Apr 26, 2002
Coventry
Visit site
Ahh the coventry paintball centre....... bought my gold phantom from there...

First game was for charity over at the Warwick adventure game, PGPs and 12 grams... was hooked from that moment onwards, didnt get a chance to play again for a while, next time was at NPF with Cenobite.....

Picture it,
A cold morning in february 1990, a royal navy 4 1/2 tonner full of artificer apprentices cruising from the mornings entertainment on the dry ski slope in plymouth to the next activity, half a days paintballing at the local site. Boy was that fun running around the woods stalking your oppo's in the hope of getting of that kill shot (buddha is right the fields were huge back then).I was nearly hooked but not quite. even though I spent nearly £10 on paint (that was a lot of paint for half a day back then)
Move on two years to the summer of 1992, getting invited to a paintball day with a local fitness club. Having a whale of a day, getting amazed at the change in the guns (yes we called them guns not markers back then) and this new fangled hopper thingy on the top (what no test tubes:confused: ) spending £40 on paint, getting lost twice (the fields were even bigger !!) and crying in pain at the close head shot. I was hooked.
Pity it took me nine years to finally buy a marker though!!

Billteamdirt

Apr 15, 2002
Not sure never been there
Visit site
Mine was a cold and rainy october morning with a bunch of people that i didn't know.....paint cost about 15 cents per ball, i got shot in the ear, i fell down a gully into a pool of water and was soaked and shivering the rest of the day (not to mention ruining some of the paint i was carrying) and the splat master i was using was not nearly as good as the bushmasters i played against (the pump kind as back in 89' there wasn't any such thing as semi/full auto).....basically the most fun i had ever had, and i have played ever since.

kris

yarbles
Jan 10, 2002
Just SoManc
My First time was at the Arena in Oldham. After spending a year trying to persuade my mum to let me play.
there was 7, 12 year olds shakeing as we were that nervous about what was going to happen.
First game and i spent it in the base "guarding" well thats what i kept telling myself. Didn't see one damn person the whole game but had the best time of my life. I was petrified
Second game i ran up a little bit and saw another guy, I unleashed hell on him only for him to fire one shot and hit me on my hand.
I admit it, i cried soooooooooo much. Quite a funny scene when you have four 12 year olds whimpering away. anyway as we were leaving still in a state. One of us asked
"well who's up for it next week?"
"damn Right" we ALL replied
Then at 18 my bro bought me an automag and i entered the tournament scene
Kicking 12 year old arse ever since :D revenge is SWEEEETTT
So i was addicted when that first paintball hit my hand and 8 years later the feeling hasn't changed