Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sponsership.... A good thing?

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
Just interested to hear everyones opinions on Sponsership.

Yes, its great to get paint, jerseys, etc. from sponsers but as the saying goes...."nothing in life is FREE".

What i'm trying to find out is whether there have been instances where teams have found their commitments to sponsers has caused them problems.

Just something I was thinking about

Cheers

Jeff

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
hmmmmmmmmmm

Jeff
Interesting thought will be good to see where you get with this.

Come on answer the Man.....sorry sad loner who likes watching paintball dvd's when there are 2 girls in the room..........Fat Bloke wins.....(wait for the Campaign Cup DVD)

Piper

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Sponsorship

I think sponsorship can be great if it is layed out the right way. As long as the team and the sponsor help each other out, then both parties benefit from the sponsorship. The team gets discounted prices and the sponsor get publicity. Thats the way it has been for many years in any sport. The cool thing is that sponsors are now leaning toward giving sponsorships to novice/AM teams instead of Pros because they get more back from these teams because they don't want everything for free.

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
Sponsorship

Originally posted by cjohns
I think sponsorship can be great if it is layed out the right way. The cool thing is that sponsors are now leaning toward giving sponsorships to novice/AM teams instead of Pros because they get more back from these teams because they don't want everything for free.
Screw that I want free $hit! Even if it is only a sticker! Free is Free and you can't complain. But hell I don't mind plugging a sponsor or giving them new customers!

Bud

" ..- - .-- .- - " ;)
Jul 7, 2001
sponsorship is good in the idea of getting good equipment whether it be cheap or free.....BUT as i have seen before, if politics gets in the way of the team interests then things can go tits up.
As we did in our team we thought about our deals and have the best sponsors you could ask for, all they ask of us is to promote there stuff and play fair and hard to the best of our ability...kewl