Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sponsorship post. Controversial?

ThunderCat

Stormin'
May 28, 2003
Nottingham
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
I thought Duff was a bit OTT to say Sam is on drugs, then I read back through this thread and I have to agree!

I can't really be bothered to put in my 2 cents, I can't afford it anyway. I have to save up in case my incentivised buying is taken away! ;)

dam-dangerous

ian - uk chameleons
Jul 6, 2001
sheffield
www.damdangerous.co.uk
Originally posted by sjt19
IThe sponsoorship should be taken away from them for next season and redistributed among the top 10 or so pro teams in Europe.
I dont think that teams who play at a lower standard should get as much sponsorship as they do, if any. If you want the backing, then get good, and earn it by playing pro.

sam, twice latley i have seen you up norf, both times playing for the severe team.
did you pay for every thing that you used?
paint?
entry?
equiptment?

now the severe team is a guest team, not an established pro team. this is irrelivent of what team you all play for at the min.

so are you going to pay for everything that you will and have used for the team.

ian _ uk chameleons.

DMZ Hasse

Larger than life
So, we where one of the top AM B teams this season in the Millennium and came 3rd total in the series. Here is our HUGE sponsorship package:

*We hosted a successful indoor tournament, where only our sponsor's paint was allowed.
*We played in our sponsor's Jerseys (actually, we paid for them)
*We brought a big sponsor banner up on the podium whenever we got there
*We displayed our sponsor's logo on our home page
*Our "Kids" teams only uses our sponsor's paint

Now, that may not be worth that extremely much BUT we also

*Bought around 150 cases of our sponsor's premium brand paintballs

SO, what did we get from all this? Discounted paintballs.

As I see it, the main reason we got that discount is the same reason as you get a discount in any other place: We bought a lot of paint, and told everybody about it. The reason we call it sponsoring is probably the wishful thinking that we are like other sports where there actually are real sponsoring deals. We are sponsoring wannabees.

So, Sam, as I see it, it is mererly a business arrangement where we as a volume user of a premium product (that is Draxxus Inferno and Hellfire, which are great products by the way, you should try them) get a discount. There is no money in there to magically transfer into airline tickets for Pro teams. It is just a high volume discount which already is calculated into the marigins anyway.

As discussed so many times before the solution is to get outside media attention and sponsorship from companies outside the industry. If paintball players can affect the product choices of other consumers than tournament paintball players, there will be a financial base big enough (=enough end customers paying a fraction of their purchase) to actually do REAL SPONSORING, not what we have today.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by sjt19

Maybe i was wrong:)
did nobody else see that?:confused: I accepted i was wrong....so why is everyone still arguing?

Originally posted by dam dangerous

sam, twice latley i have seen you up norf, both times playing for the severe team.
did you pay for every thing that you used?
paint?
entry?
equiptment?

now the severe team is a guest team, not an established pro team. this is irrelivent of what team you all play for at the min.

so are you going to pay for everything that you will and have used for the team.
whats that got to do with anything?