Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

STAKO any new info?

DeepPyro

Burn Baby Burn
Sep 8, 2005
Durham, England
WWW.vudoo.co.uk
the leaky bottle which caused all the fuss has been tested or not? surely thats a good place to start.
They did I think,

- The tank the complaint concerned 648/2457 was put up for water pressure test with pressure
450 bar, which displayed leakage (explicit leak from the region of the setting of the
aluminium head into the liner). The exact point of the leak was impossible to locate, because
the place from which the leak was emerging was under carbon fibre wrap, not necessarily
opposite the place of the crack in the liner.
After cutting the tank and removal of the carbon fibre wrap, the location of the crack was not
visible.
In the region of the head’s neck at the point of contact of the liners material and aluminium
element there was local thinning of the plastic layer (photo attached)

Basically " Yes it is leaking,but we can't find the problem so it's okay, honest" :confused::eek:

hhhhmmm

DP

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
"The level of previously reported and recognised complaints of tanks in years 2005, 2006 and until June of 2007, caused by leakage, did not exceed the acceptable level of complaints assumed in the quality control system of Stako."
This doesn't state if they had any reports or whether they had 1000 but they consider that to be an aceptable number?!?!

Tank no. 703.3669 was visually examined, and subsequently a water pressure test with 450 bar was conducted. After a positive air tightness test, the tank was put to a fatigue test with the application of variable loads in 5000 cycles in range from 2.5 to 450 bar (STAKO increased the demands of the test raising the upper pressure from 300 to 450 bar).
After the tank passed the test it was put up for a burst test.
The test was stopped at a pressure of 1150 bar without having the tank burst, in order to protect the installation. The rquired pressure, which a tank should endure, is 900 bar.
Looks good! Interesting they upped the pressure of the test. Confident in their product.

The only negative i can see in this is that Stako conducted the pressure tests on the deffective bottle and their sample bottles. They then handed the results to the TUV representative. It would have appeared more above board if they had conducted the tests in front of the TUV rep or had someone else do the tests. I'm not for one minute sugesting they fudged the tests as this would threaten their future trading if it was found to be false but you would have thought they could have found an independent body to do the tests as well as the report?

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
This doesn't state if they had any reports or whether they had 1000 but they consider that to be an aceptable number?!?!

Looks good! Interesting they upped the pressure of the test. Confident in their product.

The only negative i can see in this is that Stako conducted the pressure tests on the deffective bottle and their sample bottles. They then handed the results to the TUV representative. It would have appeared more above board if they had conducted the tests in front of the TUV rep or had someone else do the tests. I'm not for one minute sugesting they fudged the tests as this would threaten their future trading if it was found to be false but you would have thought they could have found an independent body to do the tests as well as the report?
Arent HPAC doing tests aswell?

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Basically " Yes it is leaking,but we can't find the problem so it's okay, honest" :confused::eek:

hhhhmmm

DP
You have to balance that with how many similar complaints they've had. (Not enough to worry them according to the report.)

You also have to look at the fact that 2 randomly selected bottles from the same batch of 200 passed their tests.

The report suggests that on the faulty tank there was an unexplained inconsistency to the wrap where the leak was coming from. Unexplained to the extent that there is nothing in the manufacturing process to explain it.

How come they still had 2 bottles from the 200 batch? Surely if one was sold, the others would have been?

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Mikey - H-PAC had their tests done and then sent the bottle to Stako:

Hi,
well its time to set things straight by HPAC, during the German millenium event it was brought to our notice that a cylinder was leaking through the fibre wrap by millenium staff, as there was more than one the millenium organisation decided that in the interest of safety we should not fill, HPAC agree with this desicion as we would be seen to be negligent if we carried on filling and a accident had ocurred,
Stako made a press realease whilst we were still travelling back without talking to myself so i feel they were a bit hasty seeing they didnt know the facts.
We returned our cylinder to Stako 2 weeks ago after having a independant test house confirm the leak on the cylinder we were given.
At the end of the day safety is paramount and we have the right to refuse to fill any cylinder if we wish and will do so without hesitation.
At the end of the day we have no benefits by refusing to fill if all criteria are met as the more people that play we more we as a company earn.
We have always been fair to the players and any sugestion of back handers will be met with legal action so just get in touch and and i will be happy to to proceed, or come and see me please.
We are also waiting for a reply from Stako so if any of the so called experts out there have a answer to this issue let me know,
Hpac , Stako and the MS are trying to get to the bottom of this and unfortunately we are waiting Stakos reply but we must give them time to complete there investigation and realease there findings.

As we hear any news we will let you know.

Trevor

my no is 07980 867110 (please note this is not a premium rate number and we are not recieving any back handers from Orange!)