Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Stako Bottles?

Big J

Dec 22, 2007
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a Stako bottle? Are they even sold here anymore?
Thanks
James

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
It's interesting. I have a Stako. I've tested it in a bucket of water and there are no leaks but i'm still cautious about using it. I'm also a lot more cautious about filling my other bottle as well.

The investigation (carried out by Stako) 'shows' that there isn't a problem with the bottles and that they are built to spec. The fact that air bubbles can come out of the fibre wrap in some situations is apparently a 'normal part of the bottles design' and as such isn't a problem... just doesn't sit right with me to be honest.

Their lack of response definitely felt like a lack of care/interest when the first problems surfaced and as a result, their market share is going to keep spiralling down unless they sort it out.

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Only way i can see them increasing in popularity again is to do a full product recall and replace every bottle with a new one AFTER results of a significant, independent (sp?) review from someone outside the paintball industry (and preferably in the UK) who deems them to be safe.

Not gonna happen though is it. The bulk of their business is non-paintball cylinders so it's not really hurting them.

I recently sold my PM7 with a hopper and bottle. I had 2 regular bottles and one stako at the time. For about half a second i thought about selling the guy the Stako but new i couldn't live with myself if something happened to the bottle i'd sold him.:(

well this is just it, i loved my stako in 06, but i wouldn't touch one now until somebody high up in the UK safety tree said they were OK.
The tests were performed by/under the control of the TUV.

If there was a problem, it wouldnt have passed the TUV tests.
In fact no other bottle has passed such stringent tests.

There isnt anyone in paintball who is qualified to overrule the TUV, because the TUV is full of mad German scientists with loads of letters before and after their name.
Where as paintball is full of... Ill stop there im sure you get my point.

The question people should be asking is whether the current 'industrial' tests are sufficiently relevent to paintball?
If not, and they introduced some tests based on what our bottles and regs go through in a normal day, I think every modern paintball bottle and preset regulator would be found inadequate.

Stan, you bring up a really good point there.
If people think the stako is dangerous and they really are worried about someone getting hurt, selling it on isnt the solution.