Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Stako fibre air tank 1.1L

lewisf1988

Aug 26, 2009
Found one of these cheap, but wondered about it after reading this on a site.

This past weekend, a Millenium Series staff member found multiple STAKO nitrogen tanks "leaking out of the body (NOT the regulator) and producing 'bubbles' under the surface of the bottle body" (68Caliber.com). All STAKO air tanks are now banned from all Millennium Series events. I guess most paintballers prefer that their tanks not blow bubbles... but hey.

What are STAKO bottles you might ask? STAKO bottles are nitrogen air tanks that are super light compared to others. STAKO uses carbon fiber to wrap the tank instead of aluminum, which is what determines most of the tank's weight.

have any of u guys ever heard of this? and does this mean that i cant use it in any games in the uk or...... also the tank expires 05/2011 worth it for £25 and £7 p&p? the tank looks fine to me in the pics.

Basicly I've been Reading up on the ones that have had problems and people are saying that they are most likely down to user error. Just really need a straight answer yes or no and reasons.

Cheers guys

Lew :D

RickyT

May 4, 2009
Tyldesley
Say wha leaking out of the body thats gotta be bad, I was thinking about getting one of these...

I don't think milleniums have banned them because I know quite a few people who play in the Mill's and nothing has been said to them...

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
Found one of these cheap, but wondered about it after reading this on a site.

This past weekend, a Millenium Series staff member found multiple STAKO nitrogen tanks "leaking out of the body (NOT the regulator) and producing 'bubbles' under the surface of the bottle body" (68Caliber.com). All STAKO air tanks are now banned from all Millennium Series events. I guess most paintballers prefer that their tanks not blow bubbles... but hey.

What are STAKO bottles you might ask? STAKO bottles are nitrogen air tanks that are super light compared to others. STAKO uses carbon fiber to wrap the tank instead of aluminum, which is what determines most of the tank's weight.

have any of u guys ever heard of this? and does this mean that i cant use it in any games in the uk or...... also the tank expires 05/2011 worth it for £25 and £7 p&p? the tank looks fine to me in the pics.

Basicly I've been Reading up on the ones that have had problems and people are saying that they are most likely down to user error. Just really need a straight answer yes or no and reasons.

Cheers guys

Problem lies between Air hose and Tank most of the time.... otherwise known as the idiot's who don't follow basic air safety procedures.

They are just as safe as any other bottle given the right care, if you end up lubing a standard aluminum / fibre wrapped bottle the same problems will happen.

vmaxnick

Not in the face!
Apr 8, 2008
West Country
www.rhino-trikes.co.uk

Cheers guys

I read somewhere that a Stako uses a membrane of some description instead of the usual thin aluminium flask under the wrap.
Apparently, the bubbles that leak from the wrap are from air which is trapped between the membrane and the wrap and can be considered normal from this unique design of bottle (same as how a tube type tyre will leak out air trapped between the tube and tyre) Obviously, the bubbles should stop at some point otherwise the explanation is BS.
The German TUV did extensive tests on the Stako and found no fault, still seems a coincidence though that most bottle fires seem to involve Stako's.
I can't guarantee the above info, but as far as my memory serves it was on a reputable website!

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
i have one

i'm **** scared to use it

it is light, a bit of an odd shape but light, the issue is to do with flash filling. if they are filled to 1000 psi then left to cool, then 2K etc

if i remember right the area where the reg screw into expands at a different rate to the rest of the composite so has a bubbly leak sound