Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Starter advice

ninja20007

Nov 27, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
Evening All,

I'm looking to get into paintballing as a hobby, and it has been recommended that I run a gun on air as it is far superior to CO2.

One possible problem I see with air is getting the bottles refilled. I have a 12L 300bar (4500psi) diving cylinder that I use to fill up my prechargered air rifle.

If I ran the gun (a BT 4 Combat) on a PMI 3000psi 0.8L air tank with the supplied regulator, how many shots could I expect from the tank?

If I was to use my diving cylinder to refill the gun tank, how many refills would I get before the cylinder needed refilling?

I have also read about using two regulators to improve efficiency.....any opinions on this too?

Does anyone know where I could get a diving cylinder filled to 300bar in or around the Swindon area?

Cheers,

ninja20007

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
I recon you will get a good 6-7 fills, maybe more. I have a 7ltr 300 bar and get about 5 to 3000psi. I get my dive tank filled by Dive 90 nr cheltenham. Im sure there used to be a chap based in Purton that used to do it. There is an old thread on here that might be worth checking.
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=83850

Give me a shout if you need any more info. If your getting in to paintball there is a good site not far from you called combat splat based out near Ashton keynes.

R4v3N

EGO 09 FIRE.
Aug 3, 2007
warminster wiltshire
air

just a couple of things, be very very carfull filling a 3000 psi bottle from a 4500 psi tank. not the best thing to do. to be safe only have the tank filled to 232 bar (3000 psi) and you wont have any bad things happen. i know you will loose volume but you wont loose a limb. its only a few quid to fill one and if you are the only one using it it will last you aall day. or get a 4500 bottle(0.8 or 1.1). i think there is a place in melksham whi fill dive tanks aqua leasure. there is probly some were closer tho. you will need a fill rig to fill from either a din or a clamp bottle. you probly know but never use any oils on or around the fill niplle or air transfer gear.make sure you buy a bottle in test.
hope this helps. :D

ninja20007

Nov 27, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hi guys,

Thanks for that.

R4v3N, you mention about filling a 3000psi tank from a 4500psi cylinder. I assume the process for filling the paintball gun air tank would be no different from me filling the 2750psi tank on my air rifle from my 4500psi cylinder. In that case, I assume I could still fill a 3000psi paintball tank from my 4500psi as long as I am careful to watch the pressure?

If I did get a 0.8L or 1.1L 4500psi tank instead, how many fills will I get from my 4500psi cylinder.

Cheers for the advice so far.

R4v3N

EGO 09 FIRE.
Aug 3, 2007
warminster wiltshire
air

yes you can still fill a 3000 just be carfull, a full bottle will last you all day if you share full last 2 of you, any more dont know. you can probly work it out dividing 1,1l into 12l at 4500. any way have fun and enjoy :)

ninja20007

Nov 27, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
This air lark look like it's going to be a pain the ar5e to be honest. If I went for a 20oz CO2 tank on a remote feed with expansion chamber, would that make it noticeable more consistent than just a CO2 bootle screwed straight onto the gun without an expansion chamber?

I was looking at a 3000psi 1.1L air bottle, and imagine I wouldnt get many fills from my 12L cylinder. Seeing as I'll be filling up my mates tanks too, it doesn't seem all that practical to say the least. Seeing as CO2 tanks are cheaper, I could have a few spares, and get them filled at most sites.

My style of playing is mostly 2 or 3 considered shots at a time (trying or accuracy ;)), rather than just emptying the hopper as fast as I can.

I'll also probably only be playing occasionally, so is air really worth the hassle?

Cheers.

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Check out your local sites and see which they fill with. If they use CO2, get a CO2 tank. If air, get an air tank. It's really only necessary to use a scuba tank if they don't have their own fill station (unlikely), or if you're using your marker somewhere that isn't a paintball site (not recommended, unless it's private land with permission and you're ultra safe).

Most sites probably won't let you fill from your own air source if they have their own, so it's really worth checking them out beforehand.

ninja20007

Nov 27, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
Gents,

Thanks for all the advice. Looks like I'm going to go for air now. I just need to get my scuba tank tested and order the kit I want, then me and my mate should be on the circuit! :D

Cheers again.