Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Starter Marker

hamilton

Ol' Jim Lad
Hey guys
i'm hoping to get a mate of mine into paintball
he's on a really tight budget and is looking to spend about £100-150 max on a starter marker
what kida guns could you suggest for this price
if you have any plz include pics as i'm tryin to persuade him yo buy one:p

cheers
Hammy:D

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
I'd reccomend either a spyder esprit or (for £5 over budget) a spyder imagine. The bad reviews of spyders are greatly exagerated, they are brilliant for the money, you will have no problems getting 10-13 bps out of them.

take a look here

:)

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
A second hand Automag - for that money any electro is going to be a pile of pants, made from finest cheese.

Mags are hideously unfashionable (which makes them cheap), but built like tanks (you can pickup one 10 years old, change the o-rings and it'll work like a champ) and will take you from newbie walk-on through your first couple of tournies.

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
The whole 'spyders are maed of crap' thing is really getting a bit old now. They are NOT bad quality markers, and they are much faster stock than any mag. A spyder is a very reliable marker, i have a coupla freinds who had them as a first marker and still use them as backups.

PunterHunter

I bite your bum!
Dec 14, 2003
Brentwood, Essex
www.uk-redskins.com
Autococker

If you're buying second hand and looking for a good low maintenance marker - look no further than an Autococker. You can pick up some real bargains on e-bay and in the classifieds, and if he really likes it he can always upgrade it with an E-blade or RaceGun Grip to turn it into a really awesome marker..

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
I swear by my Spyder, but have had cause to swear AT it recently.....they DO have reliability problems....If you look at some of the fansites eg :

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/trouble.html#burping

you'll see that it's freely admitted that the Spyder has reliability issues...I stripped, cleaned and fitted a new Turbulence bolt to my Xtra, and it has never recocked since.....a friend had a Sonix which had never recocked since he bought it, no matter WHAT he did to it...

I've now managed to cannibalise parts of both and now have a SoniXtra which performs like a dream!

Spyders are great starter markers, they look good, they feel good, if you get a good paint to barrel match they're accurate and they have a great rate of fire...but be ready for potential gremlins, especially if you try to mod them! However, Havoc Paintball seem to have a very reasonable servicing..erm...service.

I also own an automag, but having just bought it and had the walk-on rained off today :( I can't comment on the performance!

Have fun finding the marker for you, and though I hate them, don't discount the Tippman 98, 1,000,000 lemmings can't be wrong :p

bo0-Yah

Jan 31, 2004
Surrey
ive got a spyder victor for sale if ur interested, was my first marker and only used twice cos i got a jt 6.0 for xmas :D

£80
will accept offers
pm me