Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Starting A Team

Andretti

Aug 21, 2002
Western Hemisphere
Visit site
I have been playing rec-ball for over a year and having wanting to get into the tournament scene since the first time I played speedball. I have never had a paintball experience like that in rec-ball ever.(maybe it was because i was just about the only person with any experience out of the whole group i was playing) But I live in an rural area that makes playing paintball regularly very difficult and have to make a team if I want to play on one. My friends have cheap markers and I am purchasing a Rat Impulse. How can I make a successfull team that will stay together. Should I organize a team or just find a local tournament and find 5 guys who want to play in it and go from there?

Don't do what I did and form a team from a group of m8's who you work with.
Doing it this way will only lead to problems, for a start you will end up with different levels of comitment. This is due to the price of P8ntball. As you have come from a recball upbringing you will realise that you can spend in excess of £50 on a rec-day. Now take it to tournement level and if you are a front player you go through at least a case of paint (£45) become a backplayer and multiply it by loads. Most backs go out with 7 to 11 pods this equates to 1500 balls per game.
If you are going to take it really seriously you then have to take practicing into account. This also uses paint.
Now back to the friend issue. If you form a team from friends and one of them ain't cutting the grade, how do you tell them this, and should they not pick up thier game how do you cut them from the team?
The other problem is a lot of recballers say ' I want to play tournies and come out of the woods', but when the chance to do so comes. They say that they really do prefer woods games.
I've had all these problems and the only way to sort it out, was to leave the team and go it alone. Although if they do buck up thier ideas and form a proper tourney team, they always know where to find me.
I'm not trying to put you off the idea of forming a team, but my advise is to find a currently active team and join them.