Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Steely bottles when do they go out of date???

fathead

Mar 29, 2010
wirral
Hi guys I've got two steel air tanks the only dates I can see on these are

Bottle one 2007/08

Bottle two 2010/05

Am I guessin these are out of date or these just the dates they were made, if this is so can anyone tell me when they expire thanks all,

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
on steel bottles they normally have the born date stamped around the neck of the bottle and the next hydro test marked on the label. Expiry is 15 years from the born date.

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Bottle one : test before August 2012

Bottle two : test before May 2015

As T.A said, death date is 15 years after born date unless they fail a hydro in which case they will get drilled.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Bottle one : test before August 2012

Bottle two : test before May 2015

As T.A said, death date is 15 years after born date unless they fail a hydro in which case they will get drilled.
They are still usable in that last month, eg bottle 1 can be used in august 2012, cannot be used in September 2012

And I believe steelies do not have an end of life date - if they pass a test every 5 years they can be used continuously

However with the price of a steelie it is less viable to test. If you have to post it or get it posted back then it is cheaper to buy a new one, but if you can hand it to HPAC etc and pick it up later then testing will be cheaper then buying new

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
I stand corrected, said the man in the orthopedic shoes...

Cheers on the clear up. To be honest with regards to the death dates, I was assuming the rules on a fibre wrap tank applied to steelies also.

I've not long sold two steel tanks on here and they did cost around a fiver each to send via the cheapest royal snail had to offer !