Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sticky pin-CP help.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Unscrew my bottle today after servicing my gun and low and behold the pin of my bottle was suck in, dumping the air. Removed my bottle and looked at the pin and it is recessed flush wih the top (or snapped) it can be pushed further down but does not go back to its original position to be useable.

Tried to remove the reg internals (removed grub screws and turned lockring ring but after a few turns it sticks and reg still solid so can't remove the reg internals (and don' like playing with air bottles so dont want to force anything-I quite like my arms and dont want to blow one off when I re-fill the bottle) is the reg body loctited?

Any CP techs willing to look at it or can give me some advice on parts needed and how to get the inside out?

Thanks

Sid

edited already read http://customproducts.us/downloads/assembly_guide_tank_reg.pdf i can do step 5 but not step 6

soul snatcher24

Jan 9, 2009
King's Lynn
your best bet is probably to give them a ring as all cp products come with a lifetime warantee

but this video should be of more use to you if you wish to disassemble it:

hope this helps
Ryan,team domination

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Sid, ive taken a few of these regs apart to service in the past. When you losen the lock ring, you have to keep turning it to unscrew the top of the reg so it unscews away from the main body. There is a small amount of locktite on the threads.
One particular reg i did was pasted with locktite on the threads, so i clamped the locking ring in a vice and used a strap wrench to turn the main body off.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
yeh, rip it apart, throw all the bits on the floor, kick em about a bit, and put it back together.

Works every time.:D

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
I doubt the pin has has snapped, the valve pin spring is soft, easily done, have seen this before. With no air pressure pushing against the piston and the internals, the pin will feel very loose inside.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
that's what i like to hear, the sound of oil compressing.:cool::D
Just like a diesel car, makes your marker more efficient. (nb. Don't try this at home kids).

To blatantly hijack the thread - I've go a leaky pin in my CP reg and according to the fix-it guide need a 004 D90 buna o-ring. Is 004 the same as a BS004? Polymax sell BS004 N70 o-rings.......is nitrile the same as buna? Does the 90 specify the stiffness of the o-ring? Confused.com. :)