Super League!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Again not trying to point the finger, Little Ad and Jim fair enough for refs, you say you have professional refs, you had a teeside uni player and his girlfriend reffing, how can you class these as professional refs, im sure the tourney is good, but why so blatent lies?
...this is paintball promotion JC; lying is par for the course mate, trouble is, it has now become like Animal Farm with some descriptions 'lying more than others' ......:rolleyes:

In fact, I woulda had my suspicions raised when it described itself as 'Super' coz there's not much 'super' going on from where I am sitting ......I applaud the idea of well run tourneys being served up for the Brit baller but let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by indulging ourselves in bullsh!t even before the tourney has started.

Mind you, I suppose the fact it went off 'OK' might be reason enough to attach the descriptive of Super' bearing in mind other events that have gone on in the past.

oobermybeer

Uni Of Teesside Paintball
Feb 5, 2007
Middlesbrough
Because strangely enough, I know you, and have played for teeside uni!!!. Not implying anying about your girlfirend, just trying to put the point across that everbody was promised professional refs from day one, im afraid you are not one.
ok, well i do apologise, :eek: just seems a bit dodgy of you to talk about it when they are trying to publicise what was a brilliant event, and is going to be even better

Iain

DCF - the beginning!!!
May 13, 2002
classified
Visit site
Because strangely enough, I know you, and have played for teeside uni!!!. Not implying anying about your girlfirend, just trying to put the point across that everbody was promised professional refs from day one, im afraid you are not one.
J.C

Not one to usually bother with this crap but why do you seem so against a northern tournament series? This has been something local ballers have been asking for for a long time. No it's not perfect but no tournament is.

They promised pro refs and provided world cup refs, yes they only provided two but almost every tourney uses a mix of new and experienced refs.

Lots of tourneys make promises you just have to look at the PA and sky sports - yes we got coverage but it was at 3am on random days for about 1/2 hour.

This event is giving players a chance to have a bit fun/practice without having to travel halfway across the country and charging very reasonable game fees.

my 2p

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
J.C

Not one to usually bother with this crap but why do you seem so against a northern tournament series? This has been something local ballers have been asking for for a long time. No it's not perfect but no tournament is.

They promised pro refs and provided world cup refs, yes they only provided two but almost every tourney uses a mix of new and experienced refs.

Lots of tourneys make promises you just have to look at the PA and sky sports - yes we got coverage but it was at 3am on random days for about 1/2 hour.

This event is giving players a chance to have a bit fun/practice without having to travel halfway across the country and charging very reasonable game fees.

my 2p
I don't think JC is against a northern league, leastwise I have seen nothing in his posts that suggests he is and so I can't seem to fathom why you would accuse him of that.
All he is doing is flagging up a lie; And just because other events do it (lie) as well doesn't excuse it in this case.
Iain, all JC did was to ask a question, that's all, and in my estimation, it was a legitimate one, 'why the blatant lies'?

Instead of accusing him of northern bias, why not spend your time and effort in trying to eradicate bullsh!t from event promotion which is a far more virtuous cause than the one you have just indulged yourself.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
J.C

my 2p

I noticed you defended your viewpoint with a dig at the PA so I guess that means I can respond.
As everyone is aware I am all for a thriving paintball scene in the UK but I have doubts if that is what the owners of this series is all about he has a track record that is - and I choose my words carefully because I know he likes court action - ****e.
He is the most two faced (insert offensive word here) I have encountered in paintball, like most people I actually liked him at one time and even defended his motives when he started his magazine with a gullible partner the same partner who provided me with a lot of inside info to clarify my opinions and realize my mistaken viewpoints.
"world cup refs" I suppose if you ref at one event a few years ago for the points you could call yourself that - but the only guy I remember who had some talent from that team was Ronnie Carson, so pro refs! I don't think so.

If you want to run a northern sup-air tournament Wendy from the masters would I am sure run one for you she lives up there and has a ok site from what I am told.

My honest advice is leave this well alone and get in touch with someone like Wendy.

Russ

OH and just to put you right, the six programs we had made were twenty minutes long and they was repeated four times each at various times including 3am in the morning and 10am, 4pm, 7pm.

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
i know this doesnt have anything to do with me as im not a league owner nor have i ever played the PA or this new northern league but on the bashing of the PA and sky sports 3am showings then that would be perfect for me. i work till 2:30am and would be home just in time to watch. pitty i didnt know about it at the time or i would of been glued to sky sports for each show. im sure im not the only person who would benefit from such a late/early showing aswell. kudos to russ for getting the PA on such a well known sports network as sky sports.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
I certainly have nothing against this tournament except over enthusiastic self glorification of what is a new tournament in the North.
It is made out to be the best tournament in Country and yet there has only been one event with an unknown quantity of unknown local teams.
Lets be realistic here everybody here knows that the north needs a good local tournament event, but lets keep this in perspective, because if you do not you will kill off any chance of it being a success.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
I dont know about all the politics or the people involved in the tourney so cannot comment on that but my team went to this (as its local to us) as enjoyed the day.

We found the site to be good and the tourney well ran, there weren't many teams present, but there were a few people present watching (more than fingers I have :))

I would say this is a good series for teams to develop and make an intro in sup air (I also play in the UKM so have a viewpoint on both.) and i believe it (naieve maybe) complimets other series rather than being in competition with them (Again dont know politics involved :eek:)

Out of intreset are there any other 'local' tournies as they seem to be a good feeding ground for new players

my 2p

Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.