Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tank Blow Out

5chm3gz

Banned
Nov 28, 2012
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share this with you guys to see if anyone has experienced anything similar in the past.
So bought a new tank about a month back from LIPS

Its this one Guerrilla Air 4500PSI 1.10 L

So i get it filled upto 3500 as thats the max my mate could fill it too. No problems at all.
Ran out and took it to the Diver shop in Northampton to get it filled. They said leave it for an hour and come back once its done.

I return bottle had been filled to 4500 and i paid the guy £5. Sorted

I get home pop the bottle on the side and go to do some work in the office. 5 mins later bottle just blows for no reason. Funny thing was was my cat was investigating it and it literally scared the **** out of him. I mean there was **** everywhere, poor little bugger.

Anyway it seems that the low side burst nut has blown. Anyone else had this after filling ?
Did they over fill or maybe fill to quickly?

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
From what ive heard its a common problem get in touch with lips they will sort you out
Funny thing was was my cat was investigating it and it literally scared the **** out of him. I mean there was **** everywhere, poor little bugger.:ROFLMAO:

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Burst discs blow for a reason. I'm assuming its the low side burst disc that's gone ?

If you replace it, it'll more than likely go again. Do you use a cover on the fill nipple ?

I think the issue could be with the regulator itself, see if LiPS will offer to service it for you.

Last edited:

5chm3gz

Banned
Nov 28, 2012
Burst discs blow for a reason. I'm assuming its the low side burst disc that's gone ?

If you replace it, it'll more than likely go again. Do you use a cover on the fill nipple ?

I think the issue could be with the regulator itself, see if LiPS will offer to service it for you.

Yeah low side went.
I dont use a cover on the fill nipple. Should i ? This bottle has'nt even been out on the field with me yet.
Ill contact Lips on Monday and see what they suggest.

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
With respect to your mate and the dive shop you used, you don't know if the air you got was entirely 'clean'... There could have been dust in the fill station. It only takes a little bit of dust or grit to nick an o-ring and that could cause the low side to vent each time you fill the tank.

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Oh and defiantly get a decent fill nipple cover. LiPS sell the CP ones and the thread protectors are also good idea.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
In this case a nipple cover would have had no affect as its never been out in the field, but is an essential that everyone should use - dive to the ground and your next full will be spraying traces of soil into the cylinder

It could be as simple as 'dirty' fills, but best practice on a blown burst disk is to have it serviced to make sure it is clear of what caused the blow in the first place