Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

team hunting

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Hi folks. my names alex (aka rat) im 18 and have been playing PB in local woodland sites since i was about 12..... i am now looking to join a team and go tourney, any advice would be much apprecited, anything like the best marker for a 1st timer to best pants etc etc and the best way to find a team local to me (worcester)

i am in the process of getting my gear together after just buying a proto FS mask and an empire jersey.

again any help/advice would be most appreciated.

many thanks

rat

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
cheers for the reply mate i'm from worcester (near evesham) which is about an hour away from b'ham........ i was at the millenium games last sunday and liekd what i saw. :D

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
1. Get decent kit - I'd recommend a proto trix (£500) or an EGO (£800) - both excellent markers backed by companies in the UK. Screw in preset (PMI - £150) and either a Revi or Halo (£40-100) for a loader. Set the gun up long - don't use a drop forward and don't be afraid to push the bottle back (I'm 6ft and use a long setup).

Buy a good set of pads - DYE / Proto are the best in my opinion. Worth the money in the long run.

2. Get the basics right - as an individual, think about how you stand, hold the gun, run + shoot, make sure you shoot left handed. Check a DVD of any top team playing or maybe Dynasty Dysected (£15 from planet).

3. Think about what you want in a team - now is a great time to get into paintball, especially as an 18yr old - make sure they are a good fit for you.

4. Persistence pays off - once you have the basics right (good technique etc.) then invest in it - the more time and effort you put in, the more you will get out of paintball.

Hope this helps, if you need further advice feel free to drop me a mail bad.dave666@btinternet.com

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
thanks Bad Dave . im also a ww2 reenactor so we're playing with weapons on a regular basis (shouldn't have said that should i?:D)

regards what i would like out of a team. friendly folks. good laugh you know the usual oh and of course reliable when it comes to watching each others backs :D.

only have £550 for a "start up fee" so see how it goes.

thanks again dave

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
No worries mate. Prices I listed are retail prices, I'm sure you could get a slightly better deal if purchasing all items at once from a smaller retailer in the UK.

Alternatively there are a lot of good guns and kit for sale in the classifieds section.

I'd recommend buying from Paintballbudgie or Dskize (they seem to turnover guns quickly and offer good prices). In my dealings with them they have both been great buyers / sellers.

Hope things go well for you.

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
will keep an eye out. was suggested a smart parts ion. got to play with one recently and deffo like it. whats yoru opnion on it?

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
Excellent gun for the price, I'd be inclined to invest another £100 into it though for new trigger / feedneck / front reg and ASA. They are capable guns too - Big name teams such as Strange and London Tigers have used them in Milleniums / NPPLs.

LT Paintball (www.ltpaintball.com) will be able to help you out with an Ion / upgrades / general advice too. PM Sheriff or Booga via these boards.