Decent Barrel

Pro Cocker: Good Action
Closed bolt

ps also explain open closed bolt if you have the time

How

Back for good
Jul 1, 2002
Bucks
I a fully upgraded ipmy with all new internals, but i would still recomend the cocker cause impys are crap.

Open bolt - The open bolt is the user freindly one. It isv.easy to remove (take out pin and slide out) and thus eas to grease and can be removed if there i a barrel burst. It is far less accuratethan a closed bolt and also needs a slightly higher pressure to operate it.

Closed bolt - the gun has to be half take apart to get to it (in most guns) but operates at a very slightly lower pressure than open bolt and is more accurate.

I dont know if im right about what i said, but if i was i think this could be due to wind resistance or something like that

Jamie

How, what, why,????
Feb 19, 2002
Visit site
firstly there is no difference in performance between closed bolts and open bolts,
secondly, it doesnt have anything to do with high and low preassures

The diffrence between the two is simply the position at which the bolt starts cockers and shockers have closed bolts this means that the bolt sits forward and the ball effectivly sits on top, when the marker is fired the bolt moves back a ball drops into the breach and then the bolt moves forward to the start position again.

An open bolt means that the bolt sits back and a ball is already in the breach in front of the bolt, when you fire the bolt moves forward then back to the start point and another ball drops into the breach.

As for the
Age old question
It would have to be the
Age old answer
IMPULSE as far as i am concerned they are a lot easier to maintain and use, everyone i know that has a cocker spends more time taking it apart trying to get it to work then they do using it.

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Open bolt - The open bolt is the user freindly one. It isv.easy to remove (take out pin and slide out) and thus eas to grease and can be removed if there i a barrel burst. It is far less accuratethan a closed bolt and also needs higher pressure to operate it.

Closed bolt - the gun has to be half take apart to get to it (in most guns) but operates at lower pressure than open bolt and is more accurate.
---------------------

Um....cockers can remove the bolt faster than my bushy....

And there is absolutly no difference in accuracy!

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
Coming from a person that has owned and owns both a high end (evolution) cocker and a high end (freak factory) impulse. I can rightly say my Impulse is very nearly as accurate, faster rate of fire, easier to maintain, more up to date, and is dam right smart......... plus i have never had a chop......ever, period.

How

Back for good
Jul 1, 2002
Bucks
an open bolt must have to operate at a slightly higher pressure (perhaps only a couple of psi) because of the wind resistance, but i do admit that i dont really know much about it like you guys.
I have had my impy almost a year and can honestly say i have only ever had one chop which is pretty good in a non vison impy, also you also dont have to fek about with hammer speed and crap if you put a new trigger on an impy but you do with a ccker and you canquite easily mess it up and chop every other ball.

Walker- why did you pu an lpr on with a vff, cause it doesnt make any difference?

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by How
an open bolt must have to operate at a slightly higher pressure (perhaps only a couple of psi) because of the wind resistance, but i do admit that i dont really know much about it like you guys.

Wind resistance??? what on earth?? :confused:

Paul.

Open/closed bolt

Hi,

The open/closed bolt thing is all nonsense. The rational is something to do with the fact that as the ball fires the bolt hasn't just movbed or something... I believe someone did tests by taking a marker and plumbing it so that it coudl fire either open or closed bolt. The result? No difference whatsoever.

I know nothing about impulses, and own a cocker that I love, so my opinion is biased and worth nothing

But that hasn't stopped anyone else on a Gun a vs Gun B debate :p

I'll say what I say on every one of these things, but I can't be bothered to go to the usual legnth:

1. All up to personal preference
2. Some people hate cocker trigger
3. Not usually much between high end markers
4. Try before you buy

oh and barrel and airsystems are things that can be replaced/changed real easy! The decent barrel/air systems come attached shouldn't make much difference, unless we are talking about budgets here.

Richard