Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The best £10 or under paintball caddy/podloader

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
okay not sure if this is the best place for this thread but put it here anyway :D
basically set a target of making a reasonable capacity pod loader that used a spring mechanism of some sort to allow a simple one handed operation. result is this:

basically all materials used were

large size plastic plantpot
football training cone
plastic L shape moulding (not neccessary now i thought of an even better design :p)
rubber bands
expanding foam
duct tape
assorted wood, most importantly thin sheet wood approx 200mm x 100mm x 5mm
some tools needed are electric drill, screwdriver, jigsaw, hammer, screws/tacs

if you're wondering about support, it has small legs that allow it to be placed down without risk of toppling, but ideally if this can be hung up it keeps the size to the minimum, as it is already big enough without a giant base being added to allow it to go on a table or whatever :p

This size of pot gives a capacity of about 2500-3000, however too small a pot will result in the sliding mechanism being hard to securely attach to the bottom of the pot.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Clever :p
but I just use a cereal container lol... £3.50 from Tesco ;)
True, but the cereal box doesnt fill a pod start to finish in like 3 seconds :p
i find you still tend to spill balls using cereal boxes etc.

more than anything i wanted to just build it for the fun of it, but the end product is pretty useful :D and once it doesnt look quite so ghetto it'll be following me to every xball game :p

Lyddii

Jan 29, 2010
Birmingham
True, but the cereal box doesnt fill a pod start to finish in like 3 seconds :p
i find you still tend to spill balls using cereal boxes etc.

more than anything i wanted to just build it for the fun of it, but the end product is pretty useful :D and once it doesnt look quite so ghetto it'll be following me to every xball game :p
True lol! :)