Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The conclusion of the Amsterdam Inccident...

RePete

Imature member
Originally posted by Urban
...La Soya, for example, has a few years in him yet, but I'd heard of Avalanche and BL Iron Men long before I'd heard the name La Soya. Again, it may be my ignorance showing but I was under the impression that 'lanche, Iron Men, and the like were top of the heap before La Soya was even heard of?
Just FYI Urban. Ed Poorman and Chris Lasoya started Avalanche together back in '94...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
On the subject of named players from top yank teams being banned for similar infractions as mine ?
I will tell you something right now, if I find out about any incident like I was involved with, that is not punished with the same severity as mine, then the Millennium people better start gathering their defences.
I will also say however, that Goose, Sid, Pete Martin and the rest of the guys on the disciplinary board will suffer no nonsense, not care who the hell they are dealing with and treat everybody the same.

However, I have my suspicions, and they are very real ones that at some stage, some of the Millennium board (one of the promoters) will try to interfere with proceedings.
Now as long as the disciplinary board have a mandate that is independent of the Millennium board, then all will be fine but until that is set into the constitution of both bodies (Millennium rules and procedures) then nothing is inviolate.

As for the PSP / NPPL way of doing things with regard to discipline, I agree 100% with Nick Broccoli-Dwarf, forget it !!!!

Robbo

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
In their defence there have been a few instances of "big" name game bans stateside.

The Dynasty/Shock incident at Mardi, Frank @LA. GZ players and someone else at LA and Scottie at Chicago.

But I think the problem is not how the worst incidents are dealt with but the general thing of lower ranked teams generally being more harshly marshalled than the top teams game after game.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Beaker
In their defence there have been a few instances of "big" name game bans stateside.
The Dynasty/Shock incident at Mardi, Frank @LA. GZ players and someone else at LA and Scottie at Chicago.
But I think the problem is not how the worst incidents are dealt with but the general thing of lower ranked teams generally being more harshly marshalled than the top teams game after game.

Beaker, the PSP / NPPL rulings on what happened in LA were a joke, firstly, one of those mentioned actually whacked another player, not pushed, actually whacked him, the other was where a player shot into the netting at a spectator who was voicing his disapproval toward the player in question for his on field cheating.
A similar incident over here was met with a one-year ban for the player, Stateside, the punishment was, I believe six games.
Not even a frikkin tournament’s worth....and that was for both incidents.
Now with no disrespect intended to anybody, does it not seem weird, that all those players just mentioned, just happen to play on teams whose managers / owners whatever, are sat on the board of the PSP ?
Hmmmmmm.....:rolleyes:
Robbo

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
I completely agree mate, the punishments handed out are a joke for the seriousness of the offence.

6 games ban does seem to be the standard ban, regardless of the infraction.

However, in what justification I can give them, at least there is something being done, plus it is widely publicised.

The bottom line is that I think the Millennium has at least taken steps to go in the right direction, and at a faster pace than our US buddies. I will commend Goose, Sid and Co wholeheartedly for their efforts.

But until there is a clear rulebook, laid out with exact punishments, and that is strictly enforced across ALL catergories of player consistently, all of this is really only playing lip service to the idea of "rules" and "punishments" within a "sport"

........but how long will that take?

Urban

Oct 31, 2001
Beds, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Robbo

Now with no disrespect intended to anybody, does it not seem weird, that all those players just mentioned, just happen to play on teams whose managers / owners whatever, are sat on the board of the PSP ?
Hmmmmmm.....:rolleyes:
Robbo
Is that sarcastic or rhetorical question? :D

Originally posted by Nick Iuel-Brockdorff

We now have a working and independant disciplinary board in the Millennium Series, who are taking their first trying steps at the moment - let's all support them in doing this tough and unpaid job, for the betterment of our sport !
Hopefully (Oh, I'm so niave) the independant disciplinary board will be able to standardise the punishment dished out for rules infractions across the Millennium Series, and that standard will be taken up by everyone else who runs tournements in Europe, whether MM series or not. But, it seems, that will still leave a disparity between Europe and the US. That, I think, is gonna be much harder bridge to cross.

Are we in a slightly different position over here because most of the 'big names' in the industry play and work stateside? Or do we have different people capable of exerting the same amount of influence? Would tournement organisers choose to use an independant Marshalling Association if one were available, or would they be, excuse the phrase, bullied, into using Marshalls that can be influenced by vested interest groups?

Hmm... this is starting to sound like a paintball/industrial complex conspiracy.

As an aside, having witnessed some lousy marshalls recently, I find this topic rather interesting. Feel free to ignore me if you've been through this before.. no, let's change that to, "if you don't want to go through it again"...

Urban

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
The conspiracy is real

sorta, but to be a serious full fledged conspiracy a certain cloak of secrecy is required so certain aspects are revealed in order to keep more important things secret so. . .
Well, you see how it works.
And yes, there are some rather extensive threads buried in the back pages but it's always a worthy topic--but that's just me.

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
I have a question,
if a ban is implemented is it for the next event in the series ?

As an example :
my team is only playing campaign, if one of us did something really stupid (not that we would!) and got a ban for a tourny it wouldn`t be worth anything if we were not playing the whole series.