Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The end of the world is nigh (well our world)

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
This might be the dumbest post ever but here goes.

They say that oil will dry up within the next 20 years.

So with the most important thing we need to play being oil based (paintballs) will this effect us?

Its not just the fills but the shell is oil based as well isn't it?

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
But if we haven't got any fuel to run encapsulation machines.....
electricity:confused:

however lubrication to keep the machines running smoothly is another matter - as for that matter lubrication for markers...

The short of it is. Everyday life is going to be changed unless something is done shortly

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
electricity:confused:

however lubrication to keep the machines running smoothly is another matter - as for that matter lubrication for markers...

The short of it is. Everyday life is going to be changed unless something is done shortly
Electricity is made using coal. Coal is extracted by machines, which run on fuels made from oil. These machines have plastic parts, made from oil. The coal is transported in trucks, which run on fuel made from oil. Oil is gonna be in the chain somewhere.

Bit simplistic, but correct as far as I can see.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Neigh lad, ain't that the sound an 'orse makes
I thinks you mean "nigh"

20 years is enough time to roll out replacement technology and not all oil based products are made from crude oil

boddy

Aug 29, 2005
Birmingham
Oil could last alot longer though. If the relevant people got off their arses and did something about it properly then we would have less of a problem. For example, yes they would be big projects, but if things like wind farms, hydroelectric facilities were created then the usage of oil would drop dramatically whilst providing a good clean source of energy that uses very little to non of the resources we are running out of in the long run.

stiler83

Nov 16, 2001
God's Own County - West Yorkshire
Geothermal....nice and free electricity. Don't buy into all the doom and gloom about supplies. I used to work for one of the largest oil companies in the world and they have just found huge new supplies. A large amount of it is propaganda to keep the price artificially high. BP Ultimate is a synthetic petrol made from coal and Ultimate diesel is synthetic made using using Gas-to-Liquid technology and Shell and Total also produce synthetic diesel's so don't top yourselves just yet...oh and the shells are made from cow hoofs, so as long as there's not a world wide outbreak of foot and mouth or McDee's drop the price of there burgers to 10p then I think we should be okay (not that I'm saying they contain anything unpleasant or anything ;-))