Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Final Frontier: Game Fixing

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by mamat2000
I have another question : what is the penalty for fixing a game? i'm not very familiar with all the MS rules...thanks
Oh, good one, the ultimate cheat and a topic that remains taboo. Needs it's own thread, though.

EDIT ADDED: The object of this thread is to discuss the topic--NOT any specific incidents or to name any teams either past or present.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Originally posted by mamat2000
I have another question : what is the penalty for fixing a game? i'm not very familiar with all the MS rules...thanks
F'king fabulous :D Start a thread on it and see how long it lasts ;)

D

duffistuta

Originally posted by Rabies
F'king fabulous :D Start a thread on it and see how long it lasts ;)
Eh?

It's a valid question - why would a thread like that get pulled?

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Something to do with a great rapprochement in British paintball, from what I heard.

Although I missed the game he was probably referring to because I was queueing to be ripped off to the tune of 6 quid for a burger and chips, so I'm going only on what people have told me. So if I've been fed a load of Grade A Bullplop then I apologise and retract my comment.

mamat2000

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
if i have a good memory, Team Enemy (france lol) has been banned for the whole season 2 years ago (not 100% sure) for collusion, both teams banned cause marshalls guessed the game has been fixed ....when something is SO obvious that you cannot say the contrary, then i believe marshalls have to do their job.
Is game fixing worse than gun cheating? give your point...

Red Ring Inflictor

Jul 22, 2005
Milky Way
Visit site
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Wow, this thread has suddenly gone mighty quiet. Let's get back to the Frenchy bashing, aaarrrggghhhh, why those no good miserable rotten ...

Hey, where is everybody?

Okay, try this as a general proposition. No specifics just as an idea. All those in favor of allowing refs to pull players for illegal guns based solely on the ref's judgment raise your hand. Good.

Now everyone in favor of allowing refs to determine collusion (game fixing) based on the outcome or the appearance of how the game played out or perhaps based on a quick look at the scoreboard raise your hand. Thank you.

If you "voted" the same way both times at least you are consistent. If you split your "vote"--how come?
I was waiting for a new thread to open. And I raised my hand on both issues but only on the appearance of how the game played out on the second. My vote is based however on a few important qualifications and prerequisites and in both cases a good deterent effect is much to be preferred.

A question for you, Baca: have you ever seen an example of collusion in X Ball?

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Phfff thats easy

Philly Americans totally gave that game to the Russians....oh no wait..might not be accurate there:D

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Red Ring Inflictor
A question for you, Baca: have you ever seen an example of collusion in X Ball?
No, for a couple of reasons that have nothing to do with the morality of the teams involved. In Divisional Xball you always have a chance to win given the format until you are eliminated. Somebody always comes from the loser's side of the bracket to compete in the title match. And in the NXL nobody is playing for anything but pride and seeding position until WC anyway. As WC is the only real opportunity to make your season nobody has any reason to lose--or hasn't yet.

Red Ring Inflictor

Jul 22, 2005
Milky Way
Visit site
Originally posted by Baca Loco
No, for a couple of reasons that have nothing to do with the morality of the teams involved. In Divisional Xball you always have a chance to win given the format until you are eliminated. Somebody always comes from the loser's side of the bracket to compete in the title match. And in the NXL nobody is playing for anything but pride and seeding position until WC anyway. As WC is the only real opportunity to make your season nobody has any reason to lose--or hasn't yet.
That's what I thought. Another way the antique formats are obsolete.