Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The media.....

RoryM

Jul 23, 2001
Luxembourg now
Visit site
Over the last few months we have been subjected to an increasing amount of barage from the media over the who's responsible for the global slowdown/recession/bailouts etc etc.

Being one who has a slightly more acute and informed version of what went on and how we got here, I cannot understand the masses who follow the media's (mainly the daily newspapers) ability to whip up a frenzy in the general population.

They whipped everyone up as the housing market went into a massive bubble, telling everyone your house was worth 2 x more than you paid for it etc etc, and when the money ran out it was the fault of the banks....

What's the inteligensia of paintballs view of how we got here and is the UK now so mis-informed by the mainstream media that we take what they say as the truth?

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Part of the problem is the media believe a lot of the bullsh*t they now peddle. If the Media have convinced themsleves it's true and accurate, what chance has Average Joe.

Take that cnut, Robert Peston the BBC's editor in chief of all things economic. He a self grandiosing (sp), ignorant cnut (I bet he doesn't even know what a CDO squared is) whom seems to think he knows better than anyone else on the state of the economy. IMHO it was his vanity musings and pi$$ poor editorial decisions by the BBC that caused the first run on Northern Rock last year. OK, the tw@ts at the BOE and FSA had a hand in it too (i.e. Barclays going to the BOE for a few billion only weeks before) but a big hunk of the blame goes with the BEEB.

Now Joe Aerage can probably take The Sun and Daily Mail (or any other largely commercial media) with a pinch of salt, but the BBC is supposed to be a credible and impartial source of information for the common man.

At the end of the day, people generally want to be guided through issues they don't fully understand. If the commercial media is motivated by profit (and in turn increasingly sensationalist reporting to drive sales) and the BBC (run by Marxist cnuts whom want to watch the world burn); I guess we're all pretty fcuked cos factual reporting is out the window.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
none of this matters because we are all going to die from Mexican Swine Flu, the Sun's website told me so :D
Yeah, and if you read the Daily Mail you'd know it was really a doomsday bio weapon engineered by Al Qaeda. Mind you that might justify some of Jacqui Smith's new ideas, hey.

Pmr Man

otherwise known as Bing!
Apr 24, 2008
satans layby- MILTON KEYNES
its a conspiricy maaan.... first they take our money then they kill us with flu! seriously though, i think the media try and go for the most eye grabbing story then get caught up in it all

Ozzie

Mugged by a muppet
Nov 9, 2008
Irlam....Arse End Of Salford
Seriously...the media peddle what ever they want to peddle. Its all targeted and all has a a ulterior motive. Look at mein fuhrer, Rupert Murdoch. We know what he wants us to know!

If he wants us to be pissed off with bankers, we will be...there is much more to this than meets they eye, as per usual!

Jckk335_crazy

Always reads never posts
Mar 21, 2008
Durham in the North East
What gets me about the whole problem is how the banks are not taking some of the responsibility for the state of affairs that they have left us in.

At first because I don't read any national newspapers only local ones I didn't know what the hell had gone wrong as I only saw snippets on the news.

It was only later on when I looked into it and saw that it was banks being greedy and relying on a system that was not supposed to fail.

Anyhow The media should be made accountable for what they have done as they attribute a lot to causing problems buy publishing over the top stories, that go on and on till the point that people are sick of them till their back teeth.

For example 9/11 (I hate to bring this up) there was too much news coverage of what happened. I know it was quite tragic what happened but do you need to keep going on and on about it and have different people tell you the same storey over and over. Also I have noticed with TV news when there is a storey of anything they'll have the reporter at the scene straight away and have the whole storey dumbed down, pointing out the obvious throughout the report.

It just seems that the ones in power are the reporters as they have the power to play with hearts and minds to get there storey and people believing that what they are reading or listening to or reading is the whole truth of the situation.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
I'm glad this has come up, but the current economic situation is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to media influence. It's only obvious here because of the direct relationship between the media and consumer behaviour. What about media and perception of crime? How many people are afraid of young black kids in hoodies? I think the media has a much more pervasive influence than we accredit to it. Ask yourself how you know what you know about the world, much of your opinions will be absorbed from your peers and others in your social group (whether you like it or not), and the mass opinion is almost always that of the media. "Kill your god: kill your TV!"