The Home Of European Paintball

Things ain't half changed...

Damnation

Knuckle up buttercup
Oct 17, 2006
Stockport
Hi all,

I've just got back into playing after a good 9 year break :eek:

When I used to play Cockers and Mags ruled the roost, and as the title says, it's obvious things have moved on a bit.

I've got my head round most of the kit out there, and I've figured the Ego is probably the top end marker, whilst Ion seems best value for money - and before anyone says it, I dare say it can mix it with the more expensive markers.
Can any of you guys tell me what the main differences are between: Shockers / PM5's / DM5's / Impluse/ or guide me to any similar markers, and any guide to what I should be paying second hand.

And FFS, what's an OOPs.

Cheers,
Andy.

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
Shockers / PM5's / DM5's / Impluse
Shockers, made by Smart Parts, mid-high end gats, fast, light, distinctive sound. depending on year etc, around £300-400

PM5, Proto Matrix 5. The first Matrix made by Proto. Small, Fast, light, and very reliable. £280 region

DM5s, Dye Matrix 5. Dye's 05 matrix. very similar to a PM5 in essence. £300 region second hand.

Impulse, havent got a clue, never shot one.

If you're looking for a good deal on a PM5, let me know, I have several ex team guns for sale at the moment :)

Damnation

Knuckle up buttercup
Oct 17, 2006
Stockport
Not playing for 9 odd years was a mistake!! I've got the bug back, and in a big way.

Just another newbie Q, What's a drop forward? I probably new once but its been a while....

stevie t

Sep 27, 2006
ok mate if you want to do recball your best bet is something like a cocker or a5 but if you want to do supair i would head towards an ego they are like £350 at the moment a steal me thinks and are easy to clean and service any more questions just ask

bmw

Feb 17, 2005
northumberland
Visit site
ok mate if you want to do recball your best bet is something like a cocker or a5 but if you want to do supair i would head towards an ego they are like £350 at the moment a steal me thinks and are easy to clean and service any more questions just ask
i wouldnt recommend a cocker for rec-ball or a newbie as there is to much external workings to get clogged up with crap, they are also a high maintenance marker for a guy that hasnt played for a while, just my opinion