Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Thirsty Cocker

Richie-Carrot

Maniac
Nov 27, 2003
Newcastle upon Tyne
hey all, i have put an e1 frame on my cocker, and a new AIM adjustable primary regulator, since doing this, i barely get a hoppers worth of paint out of my bottle, iam using a 1.1 3000 pre set system, although i know i should use a minimum of 4500 surely it should not use up that much air ?, my bolt is the ****ty bog standard aluminium one, which has seen better days, can anyone shed any light on me prob ? cheers folks

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
sounds like it to me!

id check on the inline reg....make sure its outputing around 300 psi and that the air system is set higher than that 500 is fine

if that dont help any then im afraid your gonna have to get the tools out!

Richie-Carrot

Maniac
Nov 27, 2003
Newcastle upon Tyne
hmm i`ll give it a whirl, only probs i have is the reg no longer has the gauge on it, as it will not fit on with my rip frame (*******) but i know the gauge on the bottle to be correct, is there any way to set up the reg then set up lpr without using a guage, as it stands, all did was take off the crap fixed reg, and put on the new one, i then turned in the lpr, and then set it until the back block moved back smoothly ? could this reg also be my probs regarding not being able to get velocity over 265 ?

PLEASE bring news which does not involve a full strip down, i got a tourney this sunday and cannot be hacked with a strip down
:confused: cheers lads

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
ok i think im reading this right...you changed your inline and have reset the lpr

if thats the case it sounds like you need to sweet spot the inline.
your gonna need a chrono and a pot of paint to do it....you got access to a chrono?

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
ok i found what i was looking for
im assuming you have a chrono handy

read this and follow the guide to set your inline reg up, this should sort your velocity probs.

what reg did you take off (out of interest)....if you want to know the out put pressure there is a way round this too.....look on the underside of your cockers front block.....see the little screw in plug....pull that out and put a guage in there and away you go :)

Richie-Carrot

Maniac
Nov 27, 2003
Newcastle upon Tyne
i can always rely on you to keep me right jahlad cheers bud..... the standard box reg was taken off it is the black reg that came with the 2k3 vert feed cockers..........am gonna put the guage on now !!!!! have got access to a hand held chrono at the mo, also a proper jobby, but will not be able to get at it before tourney.

cheers again mate,

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
anytime :)

the guage isnt really nessessary but it is handy to help solve probs :) ive been know to fit one to set a marker up then take it off later....saves it getting bust!

id say 90% of probs like this are down to the inline reg, once you got it set you should be golden.......but if you dont have time to fiddle before the tournie make sure the team has a spare gun with them just in case...you dont wanna end up with no marker

doh just realised i didnt post the link i ment to post!

http://www.moodypaintball.com/pages/tech/reg.htm

Richie-Carrot

Maniac
Nov 27, 2003
Newcastle upon Tyne
ok mate i have fitted the gauge, and set the reg to 300, then adjusted the lpr, i have also fitted a delrin "acid" bolt which is mega light, the action seems a whole lot smoother, going to run some chronic through it tommorow, and chrono it, but on a whole, the marker seems much better cheers.