Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

this normal?

DannyVeti

Feb 22, 2009
hiyerr got a DXS tank of here few weeks ago and screwed it in tonight but did it harder so it was in tight, but then i couldnt get it off and when I was screwing it off the top bit (with the thread on, i dont know what its called started moving around the bottom bit (with the guage on) if you know what I mean. Now that its off the gun, there is no give between the two but there was when i was tryin to unscrew it. is it ok?

[img=http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3447/photo0264y.jpg]

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Have you an on/off ASA, makes screwing a bottle in much easier.

You've been lucky not to fully unscrew the bonnet as it would have purged air everywhere and if it came off fully it could have been messy!

DannyVeti

Feb 22, 2009
havent got a on/off for my mini but I think I just overtightened it and was havin to pull bloody hard to get it out xD Tightened the screws now though and learnt not to tighten it so much :)

paintballJett

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sm5 2lw
If you dont even know what a reg is called you have no place near a bottle. Be very careful next time its like a mini bomb that thing if its used incorrectly, could take out a house if you managed to damage the bottle full of air.

DrunkZombie

Team GBH
May 27, 2007
England, kent
www.team-gbh.co.uk
On a brighter note. You could invest in an on/off, makes life so much easier.
But if you find its stuck again. Dry fire your marker and unscrew at the same time. As you have no on/off the pressure of the air will be keeping the bottle on tight, sou dry fire to lessen the pressure.

SamFlyZ

Geo 2.1 | 2K5 Alias
Mar 27, 2009
Exmouth, Devon
Some solutions if this happens;

• Invest in an On/Off Purge (OFPS) for your gun, it'll help like a bitch for unscrewing your tank --EDIT--: Just read you have a mini, if so, your screwed because you cant get on/off's for mini's ;)
  • Screw your tank off while holding the tank inbewteen your legs, and instead of screwing the tank off the gun, screw the gun off the tank.
  • Slap the side of your tank, sometimes works and gets the tank loose if its stuck on
  • Take the tank off if its grabbing on, air it up, dryfire it until the tank is 100% empty, the try taking the tank off WHILE holding onto the ASA and top of the tank reg very tight, may rip your skin a bit but its effective.
Be careful if your tank reg comes off like that again, if it comes off the tank could fly off and put a hole in your chest or someone else. If i'm at a field and this happens and hits me, i'm going to uzi you from my wheelchair :p

SJ