Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann 98 hose 90 degree elbow installation

Christopher Evans

Jun 29, 2012
Hi all,

I recently purchased a drop forward for my tippmann 98 custom platinum ACT. I need to install a 90 degree elbow onto the steel braided hose so it can fit into the ASA nicely, however I do not know how to do this at all, nor do I know what kind of elbow I need. I see elbows for sale on some sites advertised as being for macroline so am not sure if a special one is needed for steel hose?

If anyone can assist me in finding the correct elbow to fit the braided hose and give me a few pointers in installing it onto my existing hose I would be very appreciative! Please see the photos attatched for clarification of my problem.

Many thanks,
Chris Evans

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q582/Chrisevans19/IMG_0316.jpg
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q582/Chrisevans19/IMG_0320.jpg

frosty

warped player
Aug 9, 2005
solihull
w
not sure about the able you need but personally i would be looking at a macroline kit and be rid of the braided hose compleatly

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Think I've got one, pm me your address and if I have i'll stick it in the post to you tomorrow

Christopher Evans

Jun 29, 2012
Thank you canon, pm sent.

And I'm not sure a macro line kit cann fit on a tippmann 98? Just due to how the hose is screwed to push into the power tube inside? But if anyone knows how macro line can be installed I'd be willing to try it!

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
The fitting I've got would attach to the end of your braided line (the one you've already got) and then screw into your ASA thing. The easist way to do this is attach it to the end of the hose first, then take the ASA off the bottom of the grip, attach that to the 90 degree thing I'll send you then reattach it to your grip. If you wanted to use macroline instead you'd need new fittings for both ends.

You will probably need some PTFE tape to wrap round the threads to ensue a good seal but either you'll already have some or, if not, you should get some as its very cheap and as long as it's in your kit bag nothing will ever leak, soon as you don't have it things start to leak (following sods law).

As for payment I'll accept £0.00 for it - I'm not using it - you might as well have it. I'll dig it out tonight and post it to you tomorrow.

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I've just posted it to you, if you decide that you don't like it and want to go macro line instead you'll need a straight fitting to come off the bottom of the marker and a 90 degree one to go into the ASA, most online paintball shops carry them.

Christopher Evans

Jun 29, 2012
Thats very generous of you Canon, I am in your debt! I will let you know how I get on.

Will you please allow me at least to paypal you the cost of the postage!?

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Hi Chris - nope won't let you cover the postage, people have sent me free parts in the past so just sharing the love.

Christopher Evans

Jun 29, 2012
Received the part recently and am very happy to say it fits and works perfectly, Little bit of PTFE tape and it seals great!

Thanks very much again for your help and the part itself, let me know if you need a favour in the future!