Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann Model 98 Custom

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Hmmm....first of all, tippmanns dont jam, they either feed or chop.

But, spyders on the other hand DO jam, chop and get really hot at the chrono.

-Philip

randomlyinsane

May 8, 2002
oregon
Visit site
just get something better

i am horribly biased against tippmans for no real solid reason except that i am getting into tourneys and i don't think that they can really hold up agains the better cockers and electros. but if all you are doing is rec play then it should be fine. but if you wanna play tourneys, i'd say get something better. and while spyders are okay (i'm gonna stick with my tl+ for a little while) you should get something better if you have the money. like i can't wait till i can afford a shocker or something like that.

Chris White

Impulse...Feel The Energy
Hmmm....

I have owned a Spyder, my brother has a Tippmann 98 Custom and I am now buying an 2002 Impy. We have both put our markers through the extremes of cold and hot as well as all the situations where everything seems to go "splat" "splat". But at the end of the day, if you can be bothered to look after a marker and be dedicated to the sport and the mechanical side of it the marker will work stock for ages...maybe not perfect but you will never have any tech problems.

I have had a spyder for 3 years and used it loads (Xtra) and it has become a little under paced for the fast action which is the tournies I play nowadays. But I still use it and with its easy to obtain and install parts its a one of a kind brand.

The Tippmann's are relied on for many rental sites in the UK. The two fields I play on (Warped & NPF) in West Midlands both have them and they always seem to be in working order. My brothers is in fine condition and it has been through alot like the Big Game 2k2 which is when it was pushed to the limit. But...you need to get upgrades on their quick...otherwise you look like a rental boy.

Chill out Tippy and Kingy owners...theres no best and no worst, just the owner and care taken that makes the better marker.

And don't forget its the player that wins it in the end...not the marker. I have seen a guy drop his gun in speedball, and run and grab the centre flag, Proves My Point.

Keep It Kool People!:) :D