Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

To all concerned...

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
There are too many sites, it's not a question of each site being better than another, it's a case of going to practice what one likes to do best, what I'm aiming for, is a governing body for the country, because right now, your site, my site and everybody elses site, means nothing.

I would also like to add, that there is more revenue coming in, when you charge green fee when you practice, which should more than pay for your field rent etc. Also a profit margin, on paint.

I'm not trying to rub anyone the wrong way, but these are my opinions, and I just want other players to justify where their money is going

Bluey
Owner / Manager
Care Bears
Wiltshire

Bud

" ..- - .-- .- - " ;)
Jul 7, 2001
Personally I think that one of the factors to help a move forward is paintball needs to be recognised as a sport which will help put it on a level playing field.
Guns are a big issue as well, they are just not politically correct and have a negative stigma attached to them in the UK so why don't we ban the use of the word gun in paintball and call it a marker, to late to change now I know but dare I say it.......every little helps;)

After Reading this thread there seems to be an underlying feeling that tourney paintball is being left out in the cold and neglected, but like most things there is a driving force that works in the background constantly hammering away at pushing ball in the right directions like Steve Bull, Pete Robinson just to name two, and I don't envy their task of keeping a non political "hobby" alive.

Well thats me done with putting sixpence in:D

Aza0193

Platinum Member
Jun 2, 2007
down under
www.cannockcobras.me.uk
well not that many people are starting because of costs, but if the player base got bigger, so would the market. introducing new paintball businesses and then in turn making prices drop due to more customers. So basically my views are that the 'sport' just needs a massive kick up the rear to get it going, and see what happens from there

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Thanks again for all input, including you Robbo, the way I and many see it…this is not a sport for children, coming into the game at 11, 12, 13 years of age is stupid, and parents should know better! (But some don’t) because it hurts!!
It is aimed at an older teens upwards to all ages, of course a youngster is eager to shoot a marker, what kid wouldn’t? A father lives his dream through his son, rekindling his youth.
A youngster learns to fire a marker very quickly, but has no defence qualities at all. The older you get, the better defence you acquire, youngsters are just attack…attack…attack.

It’s the adults I’m really aiming at if its me..me..me all the time, how do “we” stand a chance?

You don’t need ego’s or DM’s or Bob Long etc.
There are plenty of cheap markers out there and equipment to go with it, and some of it will annihilate those with out of your eyeball prices.
People are so geared up to must have the best that new players are blinded by what they can use. Take a Pro master or an ion to start with for example, £60 - £100 then of course, second hand equipment which goes for peanuts!
Why is this being glorified? Just to play?
How about 5 Dangerous Power G3’s for the whole team? As opposed to 1 ego for 1 player, comes to approximately the same total.

Remember! There is plenty of everything!

Bluey
Owner / Manager
Care Bears
Wiltshire

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
ok... just a thought, Paintballs not going to be in the olimpics as a sport wear gold medals are awarded but how about paintball could be used as a time filler, between events, would mean jack towards the tottal but the millions who watch it would see and might help

just a thought thou

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
:confused:i remember now sorry robbo to be perfectly honest i read your thread but had no idea what you were talking about but when i read it it was you giving little hints to people about what was going on

i would like to read the post that you were talking about is there any chance i could have the link or possibly the name i could search for?
Ceiji, I'm afraid there is no single post mate, I have written close to a hundred on the subject, probably more, and I ain't really got the time to sift through that lot.
But it's not just me, a lot of other learned and experienced guys have written their thoughts in soo many threads; we have a whole wealth of knowledge on these boards it seems.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
ok... just a thought, Paintballs not going to be in the olimpics as a sport wear gold medals are awarded but how about paintball could be used as a time filler, between events, would mean jack towards the tottal but the millions who watch it would see and might help

just a thought thou
.....And if pigs could fly .....

Bob, why on earth would any Olympics Committee sanction paintball playing at their events albeit non-competetive in terms of medals???

It's just an insane proposition mate.

biigjim

all the gear no idea
Sep 6, 2008
sunny hertfordshie
.....And if pigs could fly .....

Bob, why on earth would any Olympics Committee sanction paintball playing at their events albeit non-competetive in terms of medals???

It's just an insane proposition mate.
The Olympics yeah totally friggin insane but why not as part of something like the X games, if you wanted to introduce PB to a larger audience then at least look for a platform to target your prime demographic. Young(ish) guys and gals who are looking for something a wee bit different. They would be more likeley to have more disposable income, therefore not be so inclined to baulk at the startup cots as they tend to have no kids, mortgage etc
Dunno,again just thinking out loud.... is this classed as out loud?.... someone read it out loud so this bit doesn't make me seem like a rambling buffoon....:D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
The Olympics yeah totally friggin insane but why not as part of something like the X games, if you wanted to introduce PB to a larger audience then at least look for a platform to target your prime demographic. Young(ish) guys and gals who are looking for something a wee bit different. They would be more likeley to have more disposable income, no kids, mortgage etc
Dunno,again just thinking out loud.... is this classed as out loud?.... someone read it out loud so this bit doesn't make me seem like a rambling buffoon....:D

Jim, you name it, we've tried it mate, whether it be X Games, Y Games or Z Games, at one time or another, one of the paintball leagues has approached, or been approached by, one these media platforms.

The mainstream paintball bus has been and gone ....long gone.

matty s

i want 1 billion dollars!
Aug 28, 2008
s****horpe
it might help if local sites held their own 3 man tournies, there are tones of different walkons at my local one. it would help make it alot more welcoming if you had a first couple of small tournies there. rather than go to massive event with no clue at all. plus the fees would be lower and the level of the equipment would be lower.